“One day delay for our luggage ”
Review of Alitalia

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We had a connected flight from Tehran to Rome and then to Nice, but Alitalia airline couldn't deliver our luggage at the same day and completely ruined our plans! Imagine you can not even take a shower because your clothes are in another city! Not having our medical needs was the worst part!

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (13,339)

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I was so disappointed to end an incredible anniversay trip wlth a painful - literally -Business flight on Alitalia. Nothing worked - from a seat that wouldn't recline, to an entertainment system rebooted twice that stopped working completely for the last three hours!!! of the flight, to a headset jack that didn't work, a broken reading light, and seats so old and lumpy that any cushioning was gone in a previous century! We so looked forward to the luxury of flyimg business and it seems unconscionable that we paid so much money for a horrible experience. It is, in my opinion, fraud on the part of Alitalia to sell these old, broken planes as luxury flights in business class.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I flew Alitalia 5 years ago to Rome from JFK and enjoyed the flights. I enjoyed them so much, in fact, that I booked them for my most recent trip back to Rome with my mom and aunt. I typically prefer Delta, but the price and times were right.
The flight to Rome was absolutely horrendous. The plane was ancient. The leg room was non-existent and the tv screens had these really old remotes attached like old school phone and none of ours works. We had a 7 hour flight with no TV. Horrible. The only good thing that I enjoyed was the chicken dinner I had. We also landed on time even though we took off 45 minutes late. Kudos to the pilots for that.
The return flight was a lot better, thankfully since it was a full 9 hours. Much newer plane and touch tv screens. The food was also good on this round and flight was also nice. landed on time.
Overall, based on the outbound flight, I will think twice before booking them again.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

I wanted to share my experience of the Alitalia upgrade policy.
Having booked a trip to Italy to celebrate a special birthday in economy class, I received an email inviting me to bid for an upgrade to Business Class. As it was a special occasion, I did so, and made the lowest bid possible, figuring that if it materialised that would still be much cheaper than booking a business class ticket at the outset. The bid was accepted, and my partner and I enjoyed the additional service.
However, I need to add that we were the only two people in business class to receive a meal because of some supply problem, and we just happened to check in first! So although it was a pleasurable experience, I would have been extremely upset if I had been one of the other paying customers.

Reviewed September 21, 2017

I paid approximately 1588.00 for a round trip ticket on this airline. The seats were very tight in space and the plane was very dirty. The seats had dried food and finger marks on them. The headrest was very dirty. The food was of very poor quality. When asked which meal I would like, I in turn asked the steward which he would recommend. He said that he had never eaten any of the food. He had a funny look on his face as he said this. I have flow on Alitalia for 60 years. Never again. Overprices and not worth it at all anymore. Furthermore, my LL Bean luggage was ripped on one side and non usable any longer. I have tried to file a claim with the airline and they replay with a message failure. No way to contact them. Terrible. The TV was broken in my seat. I asked the stewardess 4 time if she could fix it. She said she would try but of course I had no tv during the entire duration of the flight.