“POOR SERVICE”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got to the airport and found the TSA lines out the door. After about 70 min in line I knew we were not going to make the flight. Went to the counter and they confirmed we would miss the flight. The lady just gave me a letter and highlighted a number. I brought back my wife and we asked what can they do. All they found do was put us on a later flight for $100 more and 4 hours of waiting more. They also wound not assign us a seat until we got to the counter with not explanation. Also. It telling us that there would be no one at the check in desk when we got there. I will assume they will not be seating us together as, again had to ask, the flight is full. So the moral is if you can get through TSA and everything goes well ALASKA is ok but if you have a problem don’t count on Alaska being there for you unless you pay and even then it’s least possible help.

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (15,631)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This has to do with canceling A flight. Alaska airlines did me better than Fair. The penalty for canceling would have been $250 but that was canceled out for unexplained reasons. It may be because I travel with Alaska often. My problem came when I tried to get reimbursed for the canceled trip from the trip insurance company Allianz which is promoted by Alaska Airlines. The only fee left to collect on, since Alaska airlines did their part, was the booking fee for the rental car I reserved. The customer service at the insurance company would not help but instead said that they didn’t cover car insurance cancellations. They referred me to the policy which had no information regarding paying or not paying for rental car. My reasoning is that the rental car was part of my trip getting to my destination. Nevertheless I tried to fill out their form up to the point where it asked for A statement from a physician saying that my reason for canceling the trip was valid. That is my wife was sick in bed with the flu. I was hoping to get $56 from the insurance company, and I am sure that any doctor appointment would cost far more than that. My belief is that trip cancellation should be up to the insured and he should not have to get his claim verified by a physician. So anyway $46 wasted. That’s not a big loss but also understand that they limited their payout to $350 which I’m sure is only to cover cancellation fees. So I am saying, if you are presented with the insurance option, look for a better deal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a great flight from Albuquerque ,New Mexico to Ketchikan, Alaska. Our Flight had a layover in Seattle, and that was pleasant as well, was given the chance to get something to eat and rest a bit before we boarded the plane for the final flight of our trip.

Date of travel: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our return flight from Seattle on 1-13-20, a Monday, was cancelled at last minute without notice, supposedly because of weather in Detroit. There was no snow or storm conditions in Seattle. (later we were told that the weather problem was in Detroit).

We were told the next available flight wasn't until Wednesday 1-15-20.

Both these statements were false.

Delta flew to Detroit on the same Monday and we found another Alaska Air (AS734) with seats the next day, Tuesday.

However, on Tuesday, the Alaska Air flight AS734 was delayed and planes/gates changed three times because of mechanical problems.

Management has been unresponsive to our complaint.

An airline called Alaska Air should be able handle weather. If planes are in poor condition, fix the fleet before flying. Most of all - Be Honest!.

Additionally, both flights were over booked by more that five passengers.

Alaska Air has better leg room than Delta but the trouble getting home is not worth it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We appreciate the economy legroom, multiple free movies and attention to detail by the staff. Pilot was instructive, attendants generous and thoughtful. What’s not to like about Alaska.