Tripadvisor
Worldwide

“Vacation”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was 0825 and we were at the door at 0816 and they didn’t let us in . They charged 50$ each ticket , total 100$ to be on the next flight . They said the policy is to close the door is 10 minutes before flight but it doesn’t say anywhere on the ticket. They said they called us but we never heard that. The flight worker at the door , her name was ROBERTA was very rude and fake and rolling eyes at us, very unprofessional, poor customer service. She was acting like she does huge favor to us charging only 100 $. It looks like Alaska Airline worker’s can do whatever they like. Roberta sounded like she is the owner of the airlines. Shame on your customer service American Airlines . I am sure you sold our tickets to someone else and charged us extra .

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (15,593)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time flew by air Alaska, both ways, flight was ok .Usually when passengers are leaving the plane after the aircraft has landed the cabin crew congregate by the door to say goodbye and thank you but not on air Alaska. The first time everyone was left before the passengers and on the return flights only one air hostess was standing near the door with her mobile phone texting and completely ignoring the passengers. I thought that was very rude and unprofessional.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank 777trip777
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perhaps I am too persnickety. Judge for yourself. I fly Alaska fairly frequently. Lately, they’ve been having trouble making my connecting flight from Seattle back home. I plan my itineraries with reasonable time between flights, but I’ve had a stretch of bad luck with delta causing me grief. OK. Things happen. Modern air travel is not glamorous. I get it.

What stumps me is why it isn’t standard procedure to allow those with tight turnarounds to deplane first. This simple common sense courteous tactic seems to be up to the whims of the particular flight crew.

So, am I too persnickety? This is a head scratcher for me. Alaskan.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The amount of trauma this airline and airport caused my family today is unspeakable. My longterm boyfriend, away on business, had to schedule an emergency flight home last night as we had to lay our beloved family member to rest. The $800 cost to change the flight despite emergency doesn’t begin to scratch the surface of what was soon to take place...

After spending the entire plane ride from CA to Seattle hysterically crying on no sleep at our devastating loss, he arrived and had a 2 hour layover—at which point, he sat at the bar to have ONE glass of whiskey and ONE beer over the ENTIRE two hours, to write a heartfelt tribute for our son (which is evident by receipt). Once it was time to board, he put his headphones and proceeded towards the gate, at which point a STEWARDESS told him that he could not board the flight because he was “intoxicated”......now, I’m not a rocket scientist, but 2 drinks in two hours before boarding a flight being a problem EVER is unheard of and absolute lunacy to me and most with common sense. He was minding his own business completely silent, GRIEVING the loss of his family, and this disgraceful stewardess must have judged him by his eyes from crying, without so much as inquiring further beyond a standpoint of COMPLETE IGNORANCE. She proceeded to tell him he had to leave, at which point upset and flustered tried to, but walked the wrong way to the escalator, and she had two policemen ARREST HIM for trespassing. No breathalyzer was even involved. The pain that not only he had to endure, but ME AND MY FAMILY is unspeakable and I will do everything in my power to continue leaving negative reviews and WARN everyone about the utter lack of compassion and basic human kindness that this NAUSEATING airline has for grieving families. I had to lay my boy down to rest without my boyfriend today and it was because of a judgmental stewardess on a power-trip. He has long hair and tattoos and red eyes from sobbing, but maybe if he had short hair, khakis, and a polo on, this would have ended differently. COMPLETE SHAME ON YOU. We will never mourn our baby the same. Thank you for breaking our hearts, even more than they already were. Disgraceful injustice. What a said day to be a human being.

4  Thank Lnh1313
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Alaska Airlines is unreliable. I purchased premium seat tickets 5 months ago. Reconfirmed our seats a week ago. Got to the airport today and due to a plane change, I not only don’t have the premium seats for which I paid extra, I don’t have a seat for myself or my child. Claimed I fell through the cracks. No email regarding seat change, no automatic reimbursement for the premium seat cost. I’m now sitting in the back row of the plane. Lucky to get seats since they oversold the flight. Terrible customer service! If you fly Alaska, plan to babysit your flight info.

1  Thank Kimberly H