“Turning Inconvenience into Enjoyment”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's never fun to shuffle on or off flights. Everyone is trying to get the overhead storage space, and until the flight starts up the engines, it can be a bit stuffy. But of the 3 recent flights I've taken(including to/from Vancouver and Denver), somehow the calm confident demeanor of the flight crew has brought order to the chaos of the boarding and unboarding processes. Not once have I seen irritation or frustration get the better of them.

Date of travel: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (14,675)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I fly Alaska every 3-4 weeks and have found them to be my Go To Airline. I have flown from Cabo to Seattle, Boston, Dulles, San Diego, San Jose as well as LA many times. As a 75K Gold member I am not disappointed. The staff has always been exceptional and the service very good. The food is good but so so. If not in 1st Class then I fly in the preferred seating for the increased leg room.

I personally like the older AirBus planes with the in-flight entertainment systems and with the route map. They are being retired and a new seating and decor design is replacing them. There is always the free gogo in-flight entertainment with plenty of movies.

I don't think you can go wrong with Alaska Airlines.

Date of travel: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We use Alaska to fly to and from Liberia, Costa Rica. Normally we never have any issues with the flight or service. On this particular flight I order an overpriced cheeseburger. I was watching a movie and forgot I had ordered it. An hour later I realized it was never brought to me and kindly informed a flight attendant. His reply was that it takes 30 minutes to heat. In other words, they didn’t forget to bring it, it was still being heated. Ooookay? Well needless to say he returns with my overpriced cheeseburger and I kid you not, it was as hard as a rock! Not the end of the world but maybe would have been nicer had he just admitted they forgot to bring it rather than overheat it. So the following Saturday, my husband returns to LAX on same flight. I warn him not to buy the overpriced cheeseburger. He does and he brags about how good it was. Go figure. On that note, I signed up for the flight alerts through Alaska’s website. I get an alert that my husbands flight arrival is delayed. A little alarming since I knew it left on time, actually a little early. I decided to ignore the alert and left to pick my husband up at scheduled time. Good thing I did because the flight was not delayed. Not sure what that alert was about or why it was sent, but, would be a good idea for Alaska Airlines to figure it out. All in all, love this airline.

Date of travel: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a group (13 of us) and we needed a group check in. Fortunately, we got to SEATAC in good time. Lots of people, only a few of them helping people to check in. I asked for the group check in counter and was directed to it. I couldn't find out. Asked again. Still couldn't find it. Feeling very sheepish by now, I asked a third time. "Oh, it's me" said a man behind an unmarked desk. Then I didn't feel quite so foolish. Why no sign saying "Group Check In."

Then, more problems. He didn't really know how to check us in and take money for our luggage. After consultations with a couple of colleagues, he gained understanding of what to do. Once he got started, check in for our group was fairly smooth, and the bags really did make it to our destination.

Then there was the nightmare of waiting for security. It's been years since 9/11 but still the security checks are not appropriately designed or appropriately staffed to get us through to the other side in less than 85 minutes.

Bit of a walk to the plane. We might have been a group but we were certainly not seated together. Bumpy take off, bumpy landing, must have slept in between - so that could not have been too bumpy, I guess.

Date of travel: February 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend and I booked with Alaska to get us from from Medford OR to Atlanta GA. After our first two flights we waited about an hour and a half at our gate for our last flight. The flight boarding at our gate was running late, after approaching the desk and asking what was going on with our flight the people working there informed us that our gate had been changed and it was too close to departure to make it to the gate as the gate was in another building. There was no announcement over the intercom, no information, no texts, calls, emails or any other communication attempted. We were told the reason we were given no notification is because we booked through a third party, Orbitz, and Alaska usually sends notifications etc. Alaska needs to achieve a higher level of organization and communication with third-party booking agents. If that is impossible, announcements should be made at gates about gate changes. Lesson learned on my part to check more frequently on gate changes. However, Alaska has most likely lost my business, if I ever do give it another shot it will be because PAU and Ahnissa were kind, patient, and willing to find us additional connecting flights to get us to Atlanta as soon as possible (still 7 hours later than planned). They did everything they could to make our situation better within their control, Alaska needs a better system for 3rd party bookings and communicating changes to their customers.

Date of travel: September 2019