“Good connections from Portland”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Great service, good on-time performance. Flight check-in and luggage check-in was smooth and efficient. Great prices.
We love Alaska because it has so many direct flight options from Portland to Los Angeles.

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (14,860)

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Made reservation 8-months in advance. Portland to Chicago with connection with American Eagle to Lexington. First Class round trip.

A week out, I checked my flights. Alaska had changed my 7am flight direct to Chicago to a 6am to Seattle to connect with a flight leaving later to make the connection American had moved up by 15-minutes.

Then immediately selling my direct seat so there was no changing back-- and never notified me. Once at SEATAC, we waited for 2-hours for the mechanics to bring up the plane from the barn. And then sat on the tarmac for 45-minutes because we had lost our slot for a gate at O'Hare.

The return was delayed due to thunderstorm in Chicago with high winds. Which pushed everything back 9-hours. So instead of getting home for dinner—it was almost midnight.

To top it off, the plane had been catered 7-hours earlier... without refrigeration. So first-class got snacks and no compensation because forgetting to refrigerate food is an act of god... not human err.

Sadly, this is NOT the service that encouraged me to fly to Gold MVP status.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Our flight took off on time and luckily I had an aisle seat and no one sitting next to me. We took off on time and landed on time. There was no food served except for purchase.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

Easy check in, smooth boarding, left on time. The inflight was what you would expect on a flight under an hour. The Alaska Lounge was handy the the gates and had plenty of food and beverage amenities to help pass the time. The staff throughout the process were professional and efficient.

Look forward to traveling with them again.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

I always experience great customer service with Alaska Airlines. I travel mostly on Alaska Airlines and American. Alaska outperformed American in every category. I am currently undergoing chemotherapy and was not feeling well or very strong on my recently flight. The flight attendants made me feel comfortable. After speaking to the flight attendants and telling them my story they provided me with a hand written note wishing me well and offered some goodies in a bag. This was totally unexpected and made my day. Little things like that go a long way when you are having a bad day!