“Alaska Air-Awesome”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed May 16, 2019

We flew Alaska Air for the first time going to Seattle to catch a cruise ship. The service on the plan was very nice. The flight attendants were very friendly and courteous. The plan itself was very nice. We would definitely fly Alaska again.

Date of travel: August 2018
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (13,638)

Reviewed May 15, 2019

We were nervous about using Alaska Airlines flying from Los Angles to Las Vegas.
The booking in was the easiest that we have ever encountered and the staff were so friendly and helpful it made the booking in just a pleasurable experience.
We boarded on time and took off on time and arrived on time.
The plane looked brand new.
The staff were very friendly and efficient.
We had used Alaska Airlines because the flight was cheap and you had to pay per bag for your luggage.
This was not an issues as the costs even with the baggage was way under any of there opposition.
Well done Alaskan Airlines you have won me over your opposition could learn a lot from you in the way that you operate and look after your customers.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Aircraft was cramped and WIFI non existent unless you had headphones to plug into screen. Seats are ok and crew was fine however they did not notice the man next to me had his laptop ON his lap during takeoff and landing AND his backpack at his feet blocking access to the aisle for me as I was in a window seat. Not good.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

Bag check at Alaska is very easy. Using the kiosk to print your bag tag makes everything go quicker.

Reviewed May 15, 2019

I have always been a fan of Alaska Airlines. So when I booked this family trip for a special birthday I didn't hesitate to go through them.

But, this trip did not meet our expectations!

The "more comfortable" padded cushion seats have been removed and the new seats are narrower and much less comfortable for a long distance flight.

We asked ourselves: Did they do this to cram more travelers in the same space?

Secondly, they ran out of certain packaged items...disappointing on a longer flight where we are expected to purchase items on board! Yes, there is a disclaimer and YES we could have pre-ordered items, so we do "share" responsibility.

Being proactive, I wrote the airlines and directed my comments to the President. Of course, I didn't hear from him but instead got a standardized reply from a customer service agent that were what you might expect to get. I guess this airlines doesn't really care about us --loyal customers for 40 years.

Finally, even though we selected a prearranged flight option, on our trip home we had 13 minutes after deplaning before the connecting flight departed. We ran to make the connection. There was no one there to help us, in spite of the fact that I had taken the time to request assistance in the Kauai airport and also from the flight attendants on board.

I went through these steps, because one of our party left on the same flight 2 days before and had warned us about the difficulty making the connection, which required going by train to a different part of the Seattle terminal and running to find the new gate.

Yes, they held the plane for us, but some of us are older, one of us is a child and all of us were tired after the long and uncomfortable flight.

Alaska Airlines, you brag that you have been voted number one for great customer service But I want I have one question for you--as one of your thousands of travelers do I really MATTER? I will think carefully before booking a flight with you again.