“Not bad, but a few issues”
Review of Air Transat

Reviewed January 21, 2020

My worst fear flying air transat was the seating. Overall it was not that bad. My hubby who is 6foot 4 was a little cramped but we have had worse.
A suggestion to others, PLEASE don’t recline. Our seats could not recline ( exit row) and you were in my space
We did have no entertainment system there or back. That was no fun. And there is no plugins for electronics when they die.
The only other issue was the app. It was incorrect for departure time coming home and was never updated. Could be an issue for people not using the transfers from the company.
At least they serve beverages. Bring food unless you want airline prepackaged over processed items.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (10,728)

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Freezing cold cabin temp. Sat on run way 3 hrs. While trying to make the safety light go off in cockpit that says whether the baggage door is fully closed..cold am in Montreal and 3 hrs. Later they brought in the de icing machines..why did it take 3 hrs. To make that decision? Same experience on the return flight from An Air Transat recommended resort 3 star, but this time we were only 2 hrs. On the run way due to another cliche in the cock pit and lights, we had been up since 7 am and on the road and waiting to board and expecting to be able to buy a sandwich or more as we did in the flight down from Montreal 10:days earlier. After half the plane was offered food, they came to the back half of the plane to offer pretzels or cookies! Yes, they were out of FOOD All food! hungry people lots of us! Bad for sure but the stewards of just said..we know this is The what they do to us! Please complain to Air Transat. This is.NOT uncommon! Okay so we will have dinner about 7 or 8:pm in Montreal !

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

We just flew Air Transat on a holiday and we were impressed. Our flights to and from Punta Cana were on time and a 1/2 hr early coming back. They efficiently loaded 450 people with no delays. The attendants were friendly and helpful and didn’t show any signs of irritation when asked to get drinks and food after service time. The plane was clean and movie/game/tv options were good.

Reviewed January 21, 2020

I pre booked seats on both flights but my seat was not available when I boarded the plane but was helped by a very helpful stewardess so problem solved. Rebooked for my return journey but on checking in seat was not available.On speaking to a customer service person was told because you book a seat does not mean you get it - it is first come first served! He was rude and arrogant. On entering plane explained my disability and steward would try to fix it - next time I spoke with him was as I left the plane. He had also promised a complaint form which did not appear. The room on the air bus was pathetic and caused me to be in pain for many days. Air Tansat has been used by myself and family for many years but, so far as I am concerned, never again.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Most people make the common mistake of assuming that you can't bring food to the Airport unless it's from the Airport gate area. Completely false, you can bring whatever you want as long as it is not liquids and the food is consumed by the time you land.We bring Ziplock bags with us and load up on cold cuts,cheese and bread from the buffet at the resort before departure and make our own sandwiches for the flight home.
As for paying for your luggage at the Airport, this is also a common mistake. Paying for your luggage when you buy your ticket avoids line ups and arguments. It's also cheaper. When you leave Cancun, they will charge $30 USD????
This year we will be saving close to $40 CAN by paying for our luggage ahead of time. $100 round trip as apposed to $140.

Date of travel: December 2019