“Direct flight Sydney to Delhi and return.”
Review of Air India

Reviewed February 7, 2020

The staff were very helpful and supportive. I walk with a stick and the staff went out of their way to make sure that I was able to get around the airports without any difficulty.

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (7,804)

Reviewed February 7, 2020

Just one word --- WORST
Twice flight cancelled
Rebooked - which was a mistake from air india
They said me sorry - again booked for next day
Hotel they gave was terrible

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed February 6, 2020

I booked Air India Flight on 22nd January 2020 from Chandigarh to New Delhi. The second flight was from New Delhi to Bengaluru on the same day and then there was the third flight booked from Bengaluru to Mysore on the same day.
On 22nd January 2020 after checking in at Chandigarh Airport we were told that the flight is delayed due to problems at New Delhi airport. The departure time of the flight was 7.05 Hrs in the morning. There was no body to apprise us as to what was happening. The flight from New Delhi landed at about 9.00 Hrs. At this moment I wanted to cancel my ticket and buy a new ticket on Indigo from Chandigarh to Bengaluru. Mr Harpreet who was at the Entry Gate for boarding the flight told us that I should not do so as the flight which has come from New Delhi will be going back after half an hour. I still went out of the security and approached the check in counter for permission to go out of the terminal to cancel my ticket. The manager on duty persuaded me not to do so as the flight will leave shortly. I again passed the security. But was told that the flight is not getting clearance to fly to New Delhi. Gradually the flight kept on getting delayed. Nobody told us that we could have snacks while waiting. On asking Harpreet, I was told that the snacks are already over and nothing can be done. His attitude was of indifference. Finally we boarded the flight around 1300Hrs. But it still did not take off. At about 1400 Hrs everybody started shouting as there was no manager available to explain as to what was happening. At this moment as the flight was not taking off, I was trying to purchase a ticket on Indigo leaving around 1500Hrs online. Because of poor internet inside the aircraft the booking was not completing. I told Mr Harpreet about this. He said he could help and called up the Indigo counter to check whether they had tickets available. He confirmed that he has got two tickets blocked for us and sent a person with us to take us there. I did not want to leave the flight but since he confirmed that the seats are there on the flight, we went to the Indigo counter outside the terminal. But were shocked to know that there were no tickets available. I asked the person who had accompanied us to make us speak with Mr Harpreet. Mr Harpreet flatly refused to come or help us in any way or speak with us.
Mr Mehta the Station Manager who came to aircraft around 1340 Hrs was most unprofessional. He was speaking rudely with everyone. He had no command over the situation. He refused to help us in anyway and was Rude to us as if we do not exist. If he had all the information and had passed on the correct information to the passengers on time then many of us would have made alternate arrangements.
We were travelling from London on holidays and flue with Air India. In the future we will never fly with Air India. Losing a day affected our short holiday in Mysore and we could not see it completely in the time left.
We had to pay for the hotel booking in Mysore (Radisson Blue) Rs 9900 plus 23.9% taxes and had to pay for our stay back in Chandigarh ( Hotel Hyatt) as well which was Rs 7000 plus taxes, as Mr Mehta said he could not speak with us. Even the lady who was at the counter for the cancellation of the tickets acted inhumanly and acted shamelessly. She refused to call any senior manager who could speak to us to resolve the grievance. Really shameful.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank rakesh w
Reviewed February 6, 2020

My flight was rescheduled, then cancelled 3 days before I was due to fly due to ‘operational reasons’ and THEY WON’T REFUND ME. If you thought it’s a given that if your flight is cancelled, you get a refund, you’d be wrong. AVOID if you can, & if you can’t then you’d better have a plan B for your journey and pay on your credit card so you’re insured.

2  Thank amypQ8075CA
Reviewed February 5, 2020

Excellent and a very pleasant experience while return from Lucknow. Flight took off 30 minutes before schedule after boarding all passengers. Even helped to reach us in Mumbai half an hour before schedule, made us comfortable to reach office and finish off week end work. Food quality was very nice, specially the Biriyani was so nicely flavored which I never had.

• Seat comfort