“If Only I didn't Like AF So Much...”
Review of Air France

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I had a box in front of my seat again. I'm beginning to wonder if every seat has a box! Seats were small with little legroom.

Tvs were even smaller than the first flight. Movies were repeating themselves from flight to flight. There were very few new releases.

Lunch was penne pasta and chicken which was good. We also received Camembert, bread, butter, tomatoes, shredded carrots, and a very strong chocolate pie.

Before landing we were served a snack of oj, strawberry yogurt, bread and cheese.

Flight attendants were pleasant and worked hard.

2  Thank Sweetra
Write a ReviewReviews (21,602)

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Seating was assigned at checkin. I was able to get a window. There was a very long wait at the airport to check in by no fault of AF. There were some 10 people there and 3 counters open! Finally, they opened a couple more counters after some 1.5 hours. There was a French gentleman overseeing things as well. Seat 40K has a box under the seat in front so legroom is limited. Yes, these boxes were still following me!

The seats were very close to the backs of the seats in front but they reclined well. There was enough support and cushion. When the front passenger reclined his seat, I had to recline more and felt my head close to the TV regardless. The TV was very small like other flights with a few new release options. There was no USB port. The headsets were handed out once we took off along with eye cover and sanitizing towelette. The headset was comfortable leather ear set.

We were given some corn snack and drinks early in the flight. The menu was delivered and we were given lunch although it was morning. You won't hear me complain as I dislike breakfast on planes. We had choices of feta ravioli or chicken with mushrooms and mashed potatoes. The food was very good. The dessert and salad was good also. We also had choice of drinks.

The crew was extremely pleasant, jovial and nice. I enjoyed them, their attitude and smiles very much. Ms. Armelle was super nice.

1.5 hours before landing we were given drinks again. Both cappuccino and hot chocholate were available. I've never seen these on any other airline in economy class.

There was again no croissants which was disappointing. No breakfast was served on the first flight which is fine by me but people were surprised.

1  Thank Sweetra
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I had seat 34A There was a box in front again so half the space in front of my feet were taken. I seem to have found them all during this trip.

There was no air control and no AC until departure. We had delayed departure by about one hour as the plane arrived late. There were foot rests at each seat which is always a nice addition.

The monitor was about 4x7. Twice the width of iPhone 5S screen and 1.5 inches more in length. The movie selection was lacking. There were a few different ones than on first leg.

We were given Cacahuette puffed peanut with corn based snack and drinks. For lunch, penne was creamy and good. We were also given Camembert, cherry tomatoes, and rich chocolate tartelette which was very good. The vegetable salad was good. We also had small cold bread, butter, a bottle of water, hot chocolate, tea and coffee after dinner plus after dinner drinks. The food obviously has a lot to do with your departure city. This was a lot better than Minneapolis.

1  Thank Sweetra
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I couldn't select a seat. The map was pulled and seats assigned automatically. I received seat 31A which was the last seat against the wall. There was a box in front of me. The seat did recline enough. I was next to the bathroom so it wasn't good as there was too much traffic.

The Tv screen had an orange color. The Tv monitor was 4x6 inches (an inch on each side of iPhone screen). It was not working for a good 45 minutes until it was reloaded. The movie selection was extremely small.

For food we had two options, the chicken was ok with a little fat on it. The sauce was good, the rice was ok. The food had no real flavor. We also had applesauce, tillamook cheese, roll, butter, anc water. The cake was good. The couscous was ok but flavorless. The coke was like Diet Coke with no carbonation. The champagne was not the good stuff.

The crew was extremely friendly, helpful, and pleasant. I arrived late from my first flight and had to run to the gate. They were waiting. When I arrived, I requested window and while I was looking for my passport, they checked my ticket and advised the seat next to me is empty so I can take 31A. There was a box in front so half the space in front of my feet were taken.

Once on board and I told them I had to run to get to the flight, one crew member poured water for me right on the spot which was great. So as there were more people coming from the late flight, they continued to pour water to greet them.

There was no special items in the bag of goodies besides headset, eye cover and sanitizing towelette. I expected toothbrush and paste based on prior flights with Turkish, Emirates and Qatar but this is not as long a flight as those so probably normal. There's a reason why I don't fly those airlines any longer!

They had hot chocolate option for after dinner which was a nice addition. Make sure to keep sugar for the chocolate.

They closed curtain by toilet which was great. The arm rest only went up to 45 degree angle so I could not make use of both seats. Domage!

Breakfast consisted of warm Apple turnover, fruit cocktail, nonfat strawberry yogurt, oj, cold roll, butter and strawberry jam, hot chocolate, coffee, and tea.

We had no sanitizing towelette, no air control, no AC until departure, no croissant, no Camembert, no chocolate. There also was a lot of shaking of the plane where I sat.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

It his was a comfortable flight. Staff was friendly, the seats were comfortable, there were enough movies to watch, and I requested the vegan meal.The food was absolutely outstanding. I was satisfied with everything on board. I will flight again with this airline!!!

1  Thank dragonflyazul