“First time with Air France”
Review of Air France

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

It was my first time flying with Air France, I liked the airline and the service, flight attendants were great and everything was on time without any delays! Thank you Air France to make my 2 weeks vacation great . Thank you again
R. Tossonian

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (20,349)

Reviewed September 22, 2017

Flight home from Edinburgh was my first time on an A380 double decker. Fascinating. We were on the upper deck. Premium Econ was definately a cut above Coach but a mine away from First Class. Once again, food was almost inedible and service was very tough to find if the attendant was not on his/her regular rounds.

The seats were from the same vendor apparently as those in the 777 flying TO Edinburgh but perhaps a bit newer. They reclined much further, but not enough to sleep in. They were slightly more plush, but still induced cramps after a couple of hours.

Believe it or not, there was a water leak right over my head on this flight, so condensation or a water pipe leak above the ceiling panel and it came through and dropped on me like a slow leaking faucet. What a surprise.

The dinner was Quiche, no meat, my wife and I each took a bite, and couldnt eat the rest.

The attendants were courteous but stretched. We didnt see them often enough at all. Again we had the bulkhead seats at the emergency door so again great leg room but that was really about the only benefit. At the exact middle of this huge plane, we were furthest from the restrooms at the very back. We were the most forward seats in economy which meant we were the last on the plane. Glad we dont fly to Europe too often. The 11 hours in a plane is pure murder.

1  Thank david r
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Flew from LA to Edinburgh with plane change in Paris. The long leg of the flight-LA to Paris was on a Boeing 777. We sat in Premium Econ. Sounds like an oxymoron. Nothing premium about it. The food was awful. The service was sparce and scarce. We sat in an emergency exit row at a bulk head so plenty of leg room but after a couple of hours our backs were sore and our legs were cramping. The seats were coach narrow. It was just an awful way to spend 9.5 hours. Really awful.

3  Thank david r
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Had a great flight from check in to arriving at my destination. As my wife and I was nearing the end of a 3 week vacation our luggage was overweight, the agent at the ticket counter saw that my wife was travelling in a wheel chair arranged for assistance to the plane and when we arrived in Paris but also moved us from economy to business for the additional charge of the overweight luggage giving her more leg room which was great!!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

seats have narrowed, less cushioning for tushes, indifferent food with fancy names. Boarding process incoherent--why don't they board rear first so everyone not tripping over folks trying to stuff bags overhead, esp. on its. flights where too many carryons. Do not recommend; try Emirates for 1st class economy service.

2  Thank Stephen S