“They don't care! Ruined my holiday! ”
Review of Air France

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Flew from Cape Town to Cancún for a dive holiday and Air France lost my bags! I can understand it happens, BUT after 5 days of waiting I am still missing 1 of my 2 bags. My dive buddy was traveling on same flights, his one bag arrived with us....then after 4 days my 1 bag arrived....then after 5 days his second bag arrived....and my 2nd bag is still missing. How can 4 bags checked in on same flight all go missing in different directions? Worst of all, they don't make contact with you, they don't update you or their website baggage tracking page, they just don't care. I have 2 more days remaining here and my dive holiday and my dive buddies holiday which we paid a lot of money for is ruined!!! So don't even think because you fly business class or if you are a frequent flyer with the highest status (which I am) they give you any priority or service. Avoid Air France if possible, rather fly with one of their partners KLM or DELTA.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (20,249)

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Nice Airline and nice crew with a variety of snack.Bags were somewhat beatup but its not too bad,Anyway,i had a aisle seat and was very roomy and it was also pretty nice temprature,the fleet is new and some old planes but they are fairly new planes...Bad Timing though

Reviewed August 23, 2017

After a long time and being French, I decided to give a chance to Air France as I had previous bad experience with them many years ago.
Unfortunately, this has been a disaster, they RUINED our vacation.
We came to Paris for 5 days, for the 60th birthday of my mother in law on direct flight from Dubai.
Air France succeed to lose the luggage of my wife, with all her clothes, gift etc.. HOW?? What is so difficult to put it on the plane and taking it out. it was a direct flight not even with a connection!!

Moreover, since yesterday I am trying to call the customer service as the online service is useless, to see where is our luggage.
How ever they telling me to wait approx 5 min but i have been on hold twice for more than an hour and 15 min without reaching out to them. this is unacceptable to have such bad service coming from reputed airline company and no one is capable to give you an answer.

Today will be the second day we are in Paris and we need to do unnecessary shopping just for her to have clothes to wear, more over the birthday party of my mother in law that was last night went to flop, as she didn't have anything to wear and no gift to offer.

I can go on and on with this because it is just not acceptable to pay for a service, and the service is not delivered, and no one can give you and answer..

This experience confirmed that YES you need to STAY AWAY from AIR FRANCE.
I would have knew, i would have paid more and fly with Emirates.
This would have save our trip and a massive disappointment with less money spend in the end for all the clothes and new gift we need to purchase.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

I won't comment on details of the flight, because I was not allowed to board the airplane after having bought the ticket. The Air France staff was claiming that for technical reasons, only a smaller aircraft of 120 seats would be available. However, standing at the gate, I did count over 200 passengers boarding. Air France simply overbooks flights because they are greedy to maximize their profits, and then just dumps passengers who are superfluously standing at the gate, imposing them horrible connections with additional stops and excessive waiting times. In my case, they did impose me an additional stopover in Madrid; and even though the flight to Madrid was delayed and that it was already obvious to the Air France staff at Charles De Gaulle airport that I would miss my connection, their profit-maximizing software did not allow them to change my boarding passes. So I missed my connection in Madrid, and did spend 24 hours waiting there. In the meantime, my suitcase was not taken on board with me, and remained in Paris. While this would not have happened if I had been allowed to take the flight for which I had paid and for which my baggage had been tagged, I admit that little baggage incidents like this can happen. But what shows very clearly the arrogance that the Air France managers have towards their customers, is that ten days after my baggage has been located in Paris, still no attempt is being taken to send my suitcase to join me, despite almost daily calls to the baggage service hot-lines. The call center operators just tell me that my suitcase would be shipped "once that a flight is available". Considering the various daily connections from Paris to Lima, this statement is just ridiculous. The truth is that Air France as a company has the philosophy to exploit passengers like chicken in cages, and to happily mistreat them as such. My conclusion is that once you have bought a ticket from Air France, you are screwed.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

I've flown Air France several times over the past 3 years and have been moderately happy in the past. But my most recent flight with them left me wishing I had booked with Delta instead.

International flights are never great when you're stuck in economy, but Air France somehow was able to make it worse. First of all, the only way you can reserve a seat in advance of checking in is if you pay a fee (not the case with other large international carriers). I thought I'd take my chances because I've had good luck in the past and they normally are able to give me a window seat. This time though I got stuck in the middle of the middle row. And I wasn't the only one with a bad seat; about 4 other couples and families sitting in the rows next to me were split up, with couples being placed is different rows very far apart.

Aside from the crappy seat selection, we were delayed on take off and there was no indication to the passengers about our expected time of departure or why we were delayed.

Once we got into the air I expected things to get better. About 45 minutes into the 8.5 hour flight they started dinner service. Not even halfway down the plane they ran out of the chicken meal. I was expecting to be given pasta automatically but instead they were able to heat up more chicken meals, but it took them a good 20 minutes to do so. They should have been prepared because most people choose the meat option. My husband, sitting next to me, got his meal (chicken) 15 minutes before I got mine and had completely finished eating by the time my meal arrived. And during this entire time the crew never bothered to mention to any of the passengers that they were going to bring us food. At one point they completely stopped serving food to one side of the plane. When they came back with more food, they skipped rows and people were complaining that they didn't get a meal. Poorly coordinated.

After the dinner fiasco, passengers settled into their seats. I was expecting the crew to come around with water or just to check on people every couple hours. But I didn't see a single crew member for about 6 hours, not until we were an hour away from our destination.

Besides the crappy service I experienced on board, the seats in economy are not comfortable and have very little leg room. And when the person in front of you leans their chair back, that leaves very little room for you. Aside from the leg room, the personal movie screen is very small and the movies offered are slim. And there is no place to plug in a USB (other airlines have this for all seats in economy). Also, in order to hear the audio from a movie correctly, you have to use the headphones the airline provides because they use two prongs instead of a single headphone jack.

I will definitely be using a different airline next time I travel. One that starts with a D and ends with an A. Their planes are much nicer and they have better service.