“Excellnt company”
Review of Air France

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

The best flight I enjoyed with her was 12 hours of fun from lima to paris and excellent service the food was exellent the media was perfect
Well done the first time I have to fly with them again. After the bad experience I had with Air Europe.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (27,727)

Reviewed May 24, 2017

OK, if you are going to Lourdes you dont have much of a choice of airlines . You can fly to Paris on many different airlines[ and do that] but to get down to Pau or Lourdes it is one of the AF budget line[ iHop]
But lets start at the beginning. Traveling on a group ticket had many difficult hours getting traveler info into the AF system. They sometimes didnt recognize the reservation number, ticket number etc. Finally go thru to the Delta/AF office in Atlanta and got that done. Then want ed to get seats that were not 3 across [Boeing 777] have some Duo seats. Costs a little more but is a tad bit more comfortable in economy. Finally was able to do that, paid by AMEX and got the credit card receipt and seat confirmation on the round trip to and from Paris. Got to the airport[ IAD] and was told that the reservation/ticket was for "staff" that is an AF employee. Good thing we were early as it took 2 agents, 2 supervisors and one senior staff member to get that worked out. Only about 35 minutes or so. So make sure you are patient as you will need a lot of it. Outbound flight was ok, duo seat worked well, good inflight movies and good service on board. Had about a 5 hour layover in CDG as there are few flights to Pau a day. Flight to Pau was OK and even the baggage arrived! Outbound flight was a " mirror image " of the inbound flight, except at the Pau airport there are no AF employees only the airport staff to check you in. Agent was ion the phone for a solid 30 + minutes trying to get the "staff" ticket issue straightened out. Finally did, but the "duo " seats were not assigned. Checked 2 pieces of luggage and off we went. When at the gate in Paris asked " why no duo seats" was told that the CC payment has been refused[ funny my card had been charged] and was assigned a seat in a 3 across row. So now I have to dispute the charge with AMEX! Got to DC about 1 hour late[ left Paris late] and only 1 bag showed up. So file the report and wait for it to show up here on the peninsula in Virginia. All and all the Sky Team wont get my business if it includes Air France

Reviewed May 24, 2017

we have used AF on five trips to Paris. They are a well run airline with attention to detail. I would recommend them very highly.

Date of travel: June 2016
Reviewed May 24, 2017

The flight was very good, the staff was friendly, checkin was easy and the plane was good, with great in flight entertainment. Food was very good, well served and to help your choice, there is a menu that is delivered before the serving.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Once I finally found the Air France check in counters at Casablanca international airport, the check in itself was relatively straight forward. I made my way through airport security which took forever and then sought out the Royal Air Maroc lounge which was thankfully very close to my gate.

Boarding also took a while as the flight was full. The mini business class section was cramped with the 8 passengers in a 2 by 2 formation. I hate flying business class but sitting in the same cramped seats as in economy. The only difference is that they keep the middle seat free. But the awful cramped leg room remains for me a big problem.

Breakfast was different to that described on the menu. I ended up having a sort of spinach filled pasta/crepe rather than one filled with apple and pear. The rest was OK.

Just over halfway into the flight we got a message that a passenger had fallen ill and that we were going to make an unscheduled landing in Bordeaux to allow her to receive essential medical treatment. This was all handled calmly and professionally. I learned that a good 170 passengers on the flight had connecting flights which were on danger of being missed. In my case I received an SMS whilst still on the ground in Bordeaux that I was rerouted on the next Paris to Dusseldorf flight later that afternoon. I was certainly not going to make my scheduled connection but no big deal.

We continued on our journey in due course and the rest of the flight proceeded without further incidents, thank goodness.

No in flight entertainment and very poor seating. Come on Air France - you should be able to do better than that!