“The flight that never was?”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked this flight through "My Flight Search". I was not able to check in online for this leg ofour journey, however I was able to check in at the airport in Kelowna for the first leg ofour journey to Vancouver. We had a planned over night stay in Vancouver However, the next morning when we went to check in for the trip to Puerto Vallarta, the agent said their was no such flight that day. Her superior then took over and took us away to another area. He went to his boss's office and they tried to find out what happened. There was a flight # like that the next day leaving at the same time our flight was supposed to leave that day. Because I had my printed confirmation number and e ticket, they decided to put us on the flight the next day. They also paid for our hotel that niight and gave us some food vouchers. That was very nice of them, but whatever happened to our original flight? We missed a night of our holiday and various other sundry expenses. THIS IS JUST A HEADS UP IF YOU ARE BOOKING THROUGH "MYFLIGHTSEARCH.COM".

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (25,688)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were surprised that our 3 1/2 hour flight was on a small plane. But, it was a very comfortable ride and our flight attendants were quite friendly and helpful. Both legs of the journey were late however. Thankfully we still made our train connections.

Date of travel: December 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Checkin process was a bit stressful, since our previous flight was super delayed and we made to Air Canada checkin 15 past the deadline. However, AC did help us on getting it checked in and gave us some hints on how to go through security quicker.

Aircraft was very clean and modern (Boeing 787). Flight was very smooth in general. However, flight crew members were not very fair in the 2 occasions I asked for water. My wife needed water for her medicine, they refused to provide it because the seat belt sign was one, while at the economy premium they were serving fancy warm wet cloths to the passengers. Why can't such a basic thing as water be served during turbulence while wet cloths are fine? That really pissed me off.

2  Thank adrianocrestani
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

8 hour delay with no explanations except 'scheduling issues' texted to us. No personal explanations, apologies or even a bottle of water offered. Flight was to leave at 6:40 p.m. We left the gate at 2:15 a.m. No compensation offered but we were lucky to get on the flight as we were told that we may not be able to get another flight till Saturday if this flight got cancelled. (This was Thursday). The pilot told us he was called at home, in Toronto, to come and get us, for which we are very grateful. Air Canada finally offered us 15% off our next (regular fare) flight. Guess I'll never use this as will not fly Air Canada again, unless desperate!

Date of travel: August 2019
1  Thank NPerkins-M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Both flights, there and back, were delayed a few times each!
I was told "Flight readiness" 4 times. Delaying me about 3 hours for a 1 hour flight!
The return trip, yet again! had delays. This time there was a gate change and we weren't even notified. We had to look it up on the website ourselves after the flight departure time had passed.
Very small carry on space too!
Website is incredibly buggy AND customer service via phone call doesn't appear to exist!
Don't fly with this airline unless you've got time to spare and want to sit in the airport for a few hours!

1  Thank renegadecreed