“Wheelchair Service”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked wheelchair service for my Mother (86 years old). With so much walking at the airport and her arthritis, it was best to book the wheelchair. The service was wonderful. People helping us were pleasant and friendly. On our return to Toronto. there was a chair waiting for her as promised. Very pleased and will certainly do it again

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (23,976)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The flight was great and arrived early. The plane was very small, but fortunately, it was not full so I had both seats to myself. If someone had sat next to me it would have been really tight! The overhead bins were too small for most carry on luggage. The guy across from me had to put it under his seat because it wouldn't fit in the overhead.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was booked to meet my daughter in Calgary and we were flying from there to Frankfurt Germany. I had booked with AC with a 3 hour window...... the plane was 3 hours late leaving Winnipeg.... If I didn't have assistance to get to the gate I would have missed the flight as they were boarding when I got there. Anxiety is not a good way to start a vacation.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

clean, professional service. Like most airlines today they expect you to pay for everything inside the aircraft. We did have free luggage check in, a benefit they extend to the US Armed Forces.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were booked on Swiss but the flight was operated by Air Canada. Because we fly business our report must be compared to other airlines business class reports.
The checking process is a plus when flying out of Pearson (Toronto Airport). There is a special area for business and you never wait in line as there are enough checking counters. Also the path through security to the lounge is well organized.
When departing from Toronto, never miss the Signature lounge which is located near the Maple Leaf lounge. This is a first class restaurant and not a buffet like you find in most lounges around the world. Service, food and drinks are better than in most upscale Torontonian restaurants.
The aircraft was a Boeing 787-9 with a 1-2-1 pod arrangement which give every passenger access to the aisle.
As most business classes for long-haul flight, the pods have lay-flat bed and all the amenities required. Pods on Air Canada Dreamliner are among the best but not the best because of the narrow access from the aisle and the lack of storage space.
But for a transatlantic flight it’s not a big deal; it would be for a 15 hour transpacific flight.
Entertainment was okay. Choice of movies was decent but not exceptional.
Anyway I am a sleeper and after a good dinner at the lounge, I go right to sleep until breakfast.
Air Canada crew is pleasant and efficient and has made a lot of progress since the time I had decided to avoid Air Canada.

Date of travel: August 2019