“Disappointing”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The flight itself was unremarkable. The amenities provided were standard. Having traveled Business Class previously a number of times between Sydney and LA on Qantas, I was used to receiving pyjamas to get changed into and having my bed made up for me however neither of these things happened. Initial service was good with champagne offered before takeoff followed by another offering of drinks and nibbles awhile after takeoff. The meal offered sounded good on the menu but was disappointing in several aspects. The first course was cold scallops served with pearl barley and eggplant pepperonata, a bread roll and basic green salad with cherry tomatoes and oil and balsamic dressing. The highlights were the salad, roll and pepperonata. We were offered a drink with this course and a top up “to tide you over till the main course is served”. Unfortunately no offer was made of wine to accompany the main course which was overcooked beef tenderloin, a lump of mashed potato and coolish asparagus. I asked for Malbec to go with the cheese course which was Brie, Oka and Cheddar all served cold with a few crackers and a bit of fruit. I also asked for some port which was nice. I then had the Opera Cake for dessert which was yummy. I managed to sleep a few hours and found the bed reasonable comfortable. Breakfast was fruit most of which (melon) had no flavour and an acceptable blueberry muffin along with coffee. We used the lounges at Calgary and Frankfurt and they were good, comfortable and a good choice of food and drinks especially in Frankfurt. Overall, it didn’t quite live up to the cost however I’m prepared to be surprised in future.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (21,296)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Overall the service provided throughout the flight was on a par with BA and better than Ryan Air. However the in flight food was appalling. Yam and potato salad was cheap, the root vegetables were hard, it tasted bland but it was a bright colour. The chocolate brownie was just chocolate sponge, with the later spice cake again appalling. Air Canada can do better with the food by spending just a few more cents on producing it, or sack its provider.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I highly recommend travelling Business Class when your flight is more than 10hrs.
On my recent trip to Dubai, I had the privilege of flying Business Class with @AirCanada this was probably one of my best flights to date.
The flight attendants were pleasant, welcoming and quite accommodating.
Lately, it seems like the Travel Industry has lost its hospitality and customer service but the ladies on the @AirCanada Dubai flight definitely put the charm back in travel.
They took the time to converse, laugh and made your trip memorable.
A big THANK YOU to Hanan, Sanaa and Raeda!!

Date of travel: April 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Other than some passengers stuffing and filling my overhead luggage compartment, the flight was lovely. On de-boarding the plane, the luggage was still there when all the business class passengers exited the second section of business class. Thus, the luggage must have been from non-business class passengers or possibly flight crew. It was a little annoying. I spoke to an attendant, and they found room for my luggage in another overhead compartment. The cabin crew members were welcoming, friendly and hospitable. I like the Air Canada flatbed seats over those of most other airlines.

47  Thank InnaYYZ
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had to travel from London to Kingston Jamaica due to an unexpected family bereavement. Booked flight via Toronto. Pretty much everything went wrong. Flight from London was delayed, finally got to Toronto and was told to rush to the gate to get the flight to Jamaica. Asked about my bags and no one knew but I was rushed through to the Air Canada gate. The staff at the gate were busy chatting and when I asked for direction they said 'i think the plane has left but go through and check'. I got on the plane and asked the flight attendant if there was any way for me to find out about my checked bag. I was told 'I do inflight, not ground services'. Finally made it to Jamaica and my bag wasn't there. I was told to wait by the Air Canada desk and someone would come by to speak to me. I waited for just under an hour before someone came. No apologies and his behaviour was like he was doing me a favour. When I asked for a contact number he declined to provide one and told me that my bag would be delivered to me the next day. I left the airport and rushed to the hospital to see my sister who was in a coma following the unexpected death of her husband. 3 days went by and no bags. Tried many times to ring Air Canada; phones rang but no answer. Once someone answered and confirmed it was Air Canada but the wrong department. I asked to be transferred, was told they couldn't transfer me and they hung up. We contacted a former employee of Air Canada and was told this was normal and that my bag would turn up at some point. Day four someone rang me to deliver my bag. It was delivered to me at the hospital late at night in the dark in the car parking area. When I got home I noticed that the suitcase was damaged and pretty much everything stolen. I contacted Air Canada online to submit a complaint and their response was effectively 'nothing to do with us'. I needed to extend my stay because of my sister's coma. I rang Air Canada to change my flight date and asked if they would waive the fee given the difficulties to date as well as the reason for the request. They flat out said no and I ended up paying just under US$200 to extend my flight. The return flights were less eventful. Never ever again!

Date of travel: July 2018