“Switzerland Vacation”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Hamilton is a great alternative to flying out of Toronto for those of us from the U.S. We flew to Montreal and then on to Geneva and returned the same way. The air bus was clean, on time and the overseas crew were great, very helpful and attending to every need.

Date of travel: October 2017
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (19,211)

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I checked in at 7.08am was charged an extra 100.00 for my bag being 3 lbs overweight - the AC counter employee had somewhat of an "attitude" - I boarded my flight at 9.05am - my luggage did not arrive in Grand Cayman - AC was totally unhelpful and kept putting me through to a call centre in India where the staff's english was poor and the call barely audible - over the course of 4 days AC did nothing to assist in the whereabouts of my luggage - my luggage never left Toronto and it was only with the assistance of Grand Cayman Airport staff that I was informed my luggage was sitting in Toronto - they arranged through Air Jamaica and Cayman Airways to get my luggage to me on day 7 of a 5 week stay! To date I have not been compensated for the expense of buying personal items and clothing until my luggage arrived - my case arrived damaged with the steel bar exposed and badly stained nor have I been compensated for airmiles used or the extra 100.00 paid for a case I never received for 7 days of my trip nor for the inconvenience and disruption to my trip of which I had business meetings to attend with no clothing.The complete lack of empathy when speaking to anyone at AC who hurriedly put me on hold and then passed me off to a call centre in India again to be put on hold for sometimes 45minutes to be told they couldn't locate my luggage - what's the point? The flight had no wifi etc until the last 45mins of the flight and could not for some apparent reason serve coffee at 9.00am no coffee? Of curse I was offered to purchase alcohol but I DO NOT want to drink booze at 9.15 am thanks. The lack of customer service or ability to reach anyone in Toronto who could tell me where my luggage was is completely unacceptable and with all the technology and surveillance equipment at Toronto Pearson nobody could locate my luggage? Pretty absurd don't you think???? Ironically when the bag did arrive inside was a customs and search notice that my luggage had been "randomly selected" to search - nothing removed - everything in tact - THE RANDOM SEARCH TOOK PLACE AT THE TIME ON THE CARD - 9.45AM** I checked the bag at 7.08 - flight left at 9.05AM YET IT WAS RANDOMLY SEARCH AT 9.45AM 40 MINUTES AFTER MY FLIGHT LEFT AND 2-1/2 HRS AFTER I CHECKED THE BAG IN BUT AC COULDN'T TELL ME THAT AND COULDN'T PUT IT ON THE FLIGHT TO GRAND CAYMAN THE FOLLOWING DAY???? SHAMEFUL!

Date of travel: November 2017
1  Thank sandienewton
Reviewed December 14, 2017

Really good flight...left on time, arrived on time. Service was excellent. Flight was very comfortable. No problems whatsoever. Luggage also arrived safe and sound.

Date of travel: December 2017
Reviewed December 14, 2017

I booked flights on Air Canada three months before we were due to fly.

Two days before they cancel them and offer us one two days later.

Which was useless to us.

No assistance offered. No "our partner airline can help".

NOTHING.

I had to book with another airline and due to the short notice they cost an extra $550 USD.

I emailed them and kindly asked if they would offer some sort of compensation. I didn't expect cash but a damn voucher for a couple hundred bucks at least wouldn't have heard.

They said I could have a 15% discount on two fares booked through their site at standard rate. Are you KIDDING ME?

Terrible attitude towards customer service.

Date of travel: November 2017
1  Thank Zac W
Reviewed December 14, 2017

We joined this flight in SFO after a long flight from Sydney. The seats were comfortable and sufficient leg room for a short flight. However what impressed us the most was the flight attendant. He worked the business cabin on his own, served the meals and was polite and attentive the whole flight. A job well done.

Date of travel: September 2017