“No Effort”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed October 23, 2017

First and last time flying Air Canada. Flight up to Montreal - no hot water for tea or coffee. Entertainment screen was not functioning -the FA said "go find another seat". It was a fully booked flight. There was not room in overhead and my 6'2" son had to put his suitcase carryon under his feet along with many others. The flight attendants did not offer any help at all and were rude. Coming back was not better. I had a filthy stained tray table that was not cleaned. Boarding was delayed as the gate was switched and the Air Canada representative was extremely rude to multiple passenger over confusion with the gate change number and her announcement that the flight at the same gate number was cancelled.The lack of courtesy was unacceptable. Bad experience all around both ways.

3  Thank voyagemom
Write a ReviewReviews (17,527)

Reviewed October 23, 2017

A sorry airline, overaged staff with little service qualities, very often cancellations, usually dreary flights.

2  Thank Niels L
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Overall a good uneventful flight. There was not café service though which as a bit of a damper for a two hour flight. There was also no snacks of any type offered. Would have been nice to have something small to eat. Movie selections were OK...flight attendant service was good.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We flew on flight 8535 on Saturday October 21. We were running late when we got to the check in. The young girl working the check in was extremely rude. She had no tact and no interpersonal skills. I'll admit that when she said to us, with no sense of her own words, that she can't let us on the flight I was frustrated. I asked her if there was anything she could do and it quickly escalated into an argument because "there was nothing she could do." We have two small kids and I told her we have had a long week and the reason why we were stressed out and just wanting to get home she yelled back at me "I don't care!" and then mumbled under her breath and kept saying "I can't serve you, I can't serve you!" And she then just abandoned her check in and walked away. Yes I was frustrated and upset. What was the most maddening was her attitude and zero customer service. I find it hard to believe that an acceptable practice is to blurt out "I can't serve you" and "I don't care!" when I was explaining our set of circumstances. Two other senior members at the check in beside this staff said that she was junior and that they could take care of us. I am appreciative that they got us on our flight. To top it off, the lavatory was out of commission by the time I got to use it. We've had a couple of issues in the past with Air Canada and this experience solidifies that the airline seems to have forgotten about quality service. I am not blaming the airline for my family arriving late to check in but the girl at the check in desk was a nightmare.
I will be certain to tell people of my experience and my family will do everything that we am to fly on other airlines. We flew down with Porter and will be sure to use them both ways next time.

3  Thank craigmacker
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Air Canada is the worst airline ever!!! We were placed in a “Rouge” flight without an explanation of what this meant or the option of upgrading. It is the worst travel experience of my life. The planes look like they are from the 1970s. There is no leg room whatsoever also, be prepared to pay for drinks and bring food since the food is inedible. Do not even think about entertainment either, since there are NO screens on the plane and, if you download the app, forget it since the Wi-Fi only seems to work on the first five seats of the plane. Save your money. Air Cabada SUCKS!!!!.,

2  Thank Isatravelobsessed