“Premium Economy - A waste of money”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed September 23, 2017

I was so disappointed in this flight, I upgraded to premium economy and would never do so again on this airline. We received a bottle of water when we came aboard, there was no pre dinner drink, the drinks and dinner arrived at the same time and after that we were lucky to catch the eye of a steward, seems like they were to busy even though the section was nearly empty. The stewards would rush by and it was very difficult to catch their eye. This was a very disappointing flight.

1  Thank Val C
Write a ReviewReviews (15,270)

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Air Canada was not very helpful in their procedure when entering back to the US. They were not willing to explain these procedures nor where they friendly enough. Their common response was, " I don't Know"! Luggages where delayed and sent to a different flights, they never followed up after we'd made a claim, delivered one luggage to our house with no explanation to what happened to the other luggage, I had to track down myself the other luggage and retrieve it from another person's house which was 1hr and 30 mins far, and to top that off, both our luggages were vandalized, opened and personal things were picked off and stolen. But they did manage to close it back again...Wow! So classy.

Reviewed September 23, 2017

No complaints about the quality of the aircraft, a Boeing 777. We were unable to get seated in Premium so were in economy. Boarding protocols and experience were as-expected. On-board was a different experience, Flight attendants were not engaged with the passengers. For example, when I asked for another cup of tea, I was told "We'll get back to you after pick-up... (of the trash)". They never did, and when I asked again, I was ignored. The food and its service were very poor indeed. On this flight I chose pasta, which was OK. It was accompanied by a diced potato and carrot salad, very cold, dense and flavourless. Also a brownie or cake; difficult to tell which and it tasted fully of sugar and not much else. There was no pre-dinner drink at all. Drinks were only delivered after eating, so by the time my (OK) French wine arrived I had already finished.
Breakfast was worse. Much worse. Again, no drink first, no juice. The offering was a fruit yoghourt and a slab of industrial, dry, over-sweet banana bread or cake (not sure which). Eventually drinks arrived, too late again. I never got that second cup of tea.

The pilot could barely have said less to us through out the flight. He spoke so quickly, it was difficult to catch what he was saying.

I have to say that the Premium Economy flight out to Calgary on AC851 was little better. The food was quite nice by comparison, but the same issue persisted with no drinks before food and was told we could only have one at a time when we asked for wine now and a mixer for later. My wife complained her reading light was not working and this was met with indifference. Everything seemed just too much trouble for them.

This was my first trip with Canada's flagship carrier and will likely be my last. I did try to leave some automated feedback, but their system didn't work!

1  Thank Peter B
Reviewed September 22, 2017

The flight my wife and I had was from Quebec City to Ottawa and then on to Washington DC. Both of these legs were on smaller aircraft. First plan probably sat 40 folks and the second around 60-80. They were great flights and it just seemed like there was a lot of legroom. The overhead bins are definitely smaller than a regular size jet. However, if you had a small suitcase as your carry on they just took that before you boarded the plane and then you received it right as you deplaned. I had a large suitcase and it went on a separate airplane but when I deplaned at DC and walked to the baggage claim it was right on the turnstyle. Service was great and I would definitely fly with them again. Customs was a breeze in Ottawa- no major lines.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

as my other review mentionned, we use to travel with air canada few times a year. our last trip was last march 2017. they cancelled our flight back with a 5hr notice and rebook us on a later flight so we missed the second plane by 15 minutes... it would have help if the crew was not all newbies on their first flight assignment. we had pay for specific seats, next to first class. they reimburse us but no compensation otherwise. we will not fly air canada when other options are available. we are done with them.