“Flight from Hell”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed September 21, 2017

To start the plane was three hours late leaving. The legroom on the flight was non-exixtant and service was basic with minimal enthusiasm. I was on a tour group and all participants had the same opinion. I think the seats were closer together to get more seats on the plane. I have been crossing the Pacific since 1983 and this was the worst flight.

1  Thank David A
Write a ReviewReviews (15,348)

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Our flight was 1.5 hours overdue and whilst we were taxiing away from the gate we were informed by the cabin crew the hot water system was broken and there would be no hot drinks served - it was a night flight and we thought this was unacceptable. In addition the 4 members of my party were seated against the toilets so the seats hardly reclined. All in all not a good experience and very disappointing as I had given a good review for our flight to Canada Continental breakfast was a yogurt and a piece of cake - not very appealing

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Ended up with a 5 hour layover so went to customer service to see if I could get an earlier connection as there were two flights ahead. They couldn't do that but they did move me into a seat 15 rows closer to the front of the aircraft which is a bonus when you want to get off.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed September 20, 2017

On a recent flight to Toronto my wife and I flew Air New Zealand to Huston and Air Canada to Toronto well between the two airlines they managed to leave our bags sitting in the rain for several days and this was on the 7 Aug before the recent hurricane. We arrived in Toronto and our luggage didn't, filled in the lost luggage form with an assurance we would be able to track our bags and a number to call if we were having trouble. That was the last time I was able to speak to someone from Air Canada the number I was given was a call center in India which was extremely difficult to get through to, very long waits on hold. When I finally got through the English of the call center operator was very poor we were barely able to understand each other and to add insult to injury it was not a free calling number and was charge for two calls to India by our hotel. We had one bag returned after 4 days then received the second the next day both bags were soaked through you could literally ring the water out of the cloths and they stunk also the gifts we had brought for family and friends were soaking wet. The communication with Air Canada is non existing we are still waiting for a reply to our claim. Air Canada and Air New Zealand your service is rubbish advise any body to think again when making a booking with them.

1  Thank Grant R
Reviewed September 20, 2017

17 hours in total of which 6 was flying time. Delayed at every stop with a very long layover in San Fransisco. Missed our flight connection and Air Canada could have cared less. Offered us standby for the next flight. Trip booked through Air Canada so even though we were on a United partner from Ontario to San Fransisco which left late as the San Fransisco airport could not handle the flight I felt Air Canada should have reacted much better to our missed flight

2  Thank Dave K