“Great Cabin Crew”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I am not one that flies well...anxiety and stress from worries about getting to the airport, getting checked in and well....flying. In these days that there isn't much positive being said about airlines, I am pleased to state otherwise. The check-in process was uneventful both ways and the staff were pleasant and professional. The Maple Leaf Lounge in Toronto was great. The buffet food was delicious, the seating very comfortable, the reading material ample and varied and the lighting was perfect. The area was clean as was the restrooms. On the aircraft going to Munich, the crew, especially Dawn, were very welcoming and friendly. Dawn was attentive, professional and helpful throughout the flight. It's not easy being a flight attendant these days but, Dawn was a natural with people. Her pleasantness was contagious and her dress and deportment outstanding. The food was delicious and a choice for every type of eater (vegan vs carnivore). The bathroom was clean initially but, with every flight I've ever been on, gets grimy pretty quick. The good thing was that we didn't run out of supplies in the bathroom. The only complaint I have is that the cubby was dirty. There were cracker crumbs and dirt at the armrests, dirt on the walls (which I washed with a wet-nap I had). On the flight back (Flight # 847), the cubby was once again, quite dirty and the outlet that plugs the headphone in was broken (crackled quite loudly and when I turned the volume up to drown out the crackling noise, It became too loud for the eardrums (also gave me a headache)). Needless to say, I read and napped quite a bit and watched the flight map on the screen. The crew members, Gia and Elia, were very pleasant and professional. The food on both flights was ample, healthy and tasty. Because of the cleanliness of the cubby, I can only give a 4 rating.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (17,486)

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I am a doctor and was traveling to visit my brother in Miami and for a medical conference - I booked my tickets on the 26th of April for my flight on May 19th and the economy ticket cost 1357.80 Canadian dollars.
I was working the night before and did not have time to check-in online however two days before the flight I signed in to my account and signed up for flight updates to be sent to my email and everything looked in order.
I arrive to the airport to check in and am surprised to find that without a warning (email, phone call, text message) my ticket was cancelled. I was directed to the ticketing desk and the agent did not apologise once for what happened claiming "you'd be lucky if we find you a ticket for today as I have a full flight". I asked why my ticket was cancelled and she said that she doesn't know but will call to find out - she asked for the card used to purchase the ticket and I provided that and she typed up all the relevant information - not once offering a condolence for the inconvenience. I was upset and asked how could this happen? She replied saying "this is beyond me here at ticketing I have nothing to do with this". My card was used to purchase the ticket again - which is surprising as the card is a platinum American express where I have never had a problem using or ever has it been rejected. The billing address was the same address I was travelling to and I AirCanada did not have the decency to call me to verify if there was an issue with the card or even send an email that my ticket was cancelled.
Due to my frustration and plans I had in Miami * Medical conference that I was presenting a poster in* I asked to purchase a new ticket now? The agent replied rudely saying "the next available flight I have is Monday" . My seats that I payed 30.00 dollars at row 22F for a window seat was cancelled and replaced with row 12 - Zone 5.
I was offered no refund for my seats and no appology. When I asked why my seats are different and not the ones I booked - the agent replied saying "if you don't head down now you won't have a flight to catch".
This is so unacceptable.
I have just moved to canada and my family is in the USA - I planned to travel on Aircanada often however if I book a month in advance yet on the day of my trip my ticket gets cancelled it seems like another airline can accommodate me and even be more reliable than this.
After getting on the flight the airline hostess were nice thats the only reason the trip was not terrible.
In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films) - You had to connect to the network on your iPad and the network was soooo slow that nothing could download

1  Thank AlYAqout
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Staff not friendly at all, If you dare to ask for a glass of water or more coffee they give you this look.......???
During our return flight from Amsterdam all the TV system was broken, so no movies, no music, or any kind of media entretainment

1  Thank veronicaaguirre1
Reviewed May 23, 2017

My wife and I were to fly out of Kingston to Toronto on April the 7th 2017 . My wife got a text at 6:30 AM from Air Canada saying that our flight was cancelled . We were to be at the Kingston Airport for 8:30AM . I talked to 5 Reps from Air Canada that morning and finely someone told me that they were not letting small planes taxi at the Pearson Airport because of the construction to the runway . We had to drive 3hrs to Toronto to get our flight to Cuba . Entering Cuba the Pilot gets on the speaker and informs all the 150 passengers that we would all have to pay 110 dollars Canadian for the Visa's because Air Canada did not have them . He said that we would all be paid back when we got back to Canada . We put a claim in like Air Canada said to do and all they want to give us is 25%off on our next Bass flight . What an insult . Why would we want to even fly with them again .

1  Thank Gordon K
Reviewed May 23, 2017

Went for the best air mile points booking and Air Canada was the choice. Prop job and a full flight. The flight itself was terrific, great service and plenty of legroom (and I'm over 6'). I like the professionalism and efficiency I experienced and would recommend their service.