“Thanks, Air Canada staff.”
Review of Air Canada

Reviewed May 19, 2016

After I broke my leg in Italy, the staff of Air Canada was more than accommodating and helped make my journey home on two flights (Rome - Toronto and Toronto - Denver) as easy as possible, including re-arranging our seating. They were able to do this in part because they were not overbooked, a novel idea to someone used to flying US airlines. The food, seats, etc., are all about the same in economy class on all airlines nowadays, so the only real difference is in service.

Date of travel: April 2016
1  Thank kakrisko
Write a ReviewReviews (20,567)

Reviewed May 19, 2016

I was amazed at how a 12 hour flight seemed to pass by faster than a regular 6-7 hour flight to Europe. We paid extra for the first seats in economy, it was expensive, but worth it when we had the two window seats. A little less so, but still rather worth it, when we were in the middle section on our way back.
We were served 3 meals during that time and I never ran out of movies to watch.
Flight was on time and the staff was friendly.

Date of travel: October 2015
1  Thank Saphora
Reviewed May 18, 2016

I had gone thru screening and if you've traveled you know there are at least two check points. I carry oxygen and they swabbed and checked my machine. Boarding the plane as people that need help board first. I proceeded to go to my seat, strapped the seat belt on and pulled out my magazine. A flight attendant asked to see my paperwork for my oxygen and took it to the captain. She told me I could only fly if I disconnected. I looked at her as if she lost her mind. Told her no I would go into shock or anaphylaxis. Asked her if she knew CPR she said no. I was escorted off the plane. They realized it was there mistake and put me on the next available plane. No apology nothing. I was shaking and crying. Captains response he felt threatened flying with me.

Date of travel: September 2015
1  Thank Ela M
Reviewed May 18, 2016

My friend was seated in economy and was thrilled with the plane, the service, the legroom and overall wowed by the airline.

I was seated in the first class, my cocoon was dirty, I had a choice to give up my window and move or let it go....
I was pulling previous passenger's garbage from the pockets, the window didn't have a proper cleaning and everything seamed around looked filthy. The crew didn't seem to be too concerned about it either. I pulled out my disinfectant wipes and cleaned my entire cocoon. I got weird looks from passengers and crew, but I didn't care.

I had a mileage upgrade and I was grateful for my bed, but if I paid full price for that luxury I would have been pissed off.
After several weeks I thought to write a letter to the airline, mostly about the whole nonchalant attitude of the crew..., I still might. :-))

I don't want this to be reflected on the whole fleet. It could have been just a bad luck of a draw...

Date of travel: October 2015
1  Thank MimiBlondie
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Officer that checked us in had a great sense of humour, for early in the morning.
Everyone must love their jobs, they were all pleasant

Date of travel: April 2016