“Don't do it if you can avoid it!”
Review of Air Algerie

Reviewed February 14, 2018

I'm an expat living in Algeria, so I fly often with Air Algerie...there are always delays (for this specific flight it was only 20 minutes, which is not bad comparatively). The food is pretty hit and miss, but I do appreciate that they serve water on even the shortest flights. The planes are usually pretty old and in bad repair...my latest flight half of the seats were broken (they wouldn't stay in upright position) and both my and my husband's tray tables were wonky. The service is also nothing to write home about... I once had a flight cancelled due to a strike with no notice, no offer to re-route me, not even a hotel to stay in for the night! If you have another option, I would not go with Air Algerie.

1  Thank Ashley B

Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

I’ve taken air algerie flights from Alger to Jijel more than 10 times. Never take off on time,
sometimes just cancel the flight without any notice / any apology.

I’ve never met such a poor performance and unpleasant service.

The only reason why i choose this airline is that there is no other option.

Reviewed January 23, 2018

We flew Air Algerie from Djanet to Algiers. the flight was meant to be from Djanet-Illizi-Algiers. We asked at the airport whether this was the case and the ground person said 'yes'. Our hosts in Djanet offered us lunch before we flew but we said 'no thanks, we will have something to eat on the plane'. The plane was meant to leave at 2 pm. but hey, this is Air Couscous and of course it didn't leave until 2.30 pm. By 4 pm I was very hungry and asked about food. The staff said 'Oh, they forgot to load the passenger's food'. However they found me a sandwich, which was, as predicted, awful. The flight was long and slow even though it changed mid flight into a direct flight from Djanet to Algiers!!! The staff on this airline are very very good. They are kind, helpful and personable. They have the time to talk to you (well, not having to serve food helps). Avoid, if possible which is difficult if flying from Djanet.

1  Thank Janev_Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2018

My flight AH6181 from Oran to Algiers was simply canceled without informing anyone. The flight just disappeared from the board. When I asked at the desk of Air Algeire, they told me that the flight will be combined with the next one (AH6109), Nobody apologized for this cancellation. I just had to wait additional 2 hours at the airport, where you have nothing to do. Thanks god I could leave with the next flight.

1  Thank Shimnik
Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

The check-in and boarding was very fast. The flight on 28th of December was almost empty, people can even chose, where they want to seat. It seams that the country has a lot of cheap oil and flight tickets are not expensive. We left on time and landed on time. The flight was only 1 hour. The passengers could still get a small bottle of water.