“Rampant cronyism and bathroom deniers”
Review of Air Algerie

Reviewed November 24, 2017

The Air Algerie A330 Paris-Algiers service still operates in a 3 class configuration. Beware if you book Business class. It is like premium economy in most other flag-carrying European airlines.

All in all, the flight wasn't as terrible as some I've taken with Air Algerie this last year. The food is consistently terrible and the bathroom cleanliness is always DISGUSTING!

Also, a) the airline website is TERRIBLE for booking online and actually paying for the ticket seems impossible AND b) the constant number of staff relatives or government cronies getting an upgrade onboard is really, REALLY irritating to observe. One elderly, Gucci-bedecked woman started off in economy, then turned up in the window seat next to me with all her luggage and coats, before being taken into first class just before take off. It was obvious she had not paid for the ticket, and was one of at least 3 people who seemed to be moving between cabins on the basis of who they knew, now what they had paid for. Regardless of which cabin I'm traveling in, as a paying passenger, this is incredibly irritating, and a complete pain in the neck when you have some entitled old lady related to a government minister or the captain dragging herself over you with her over-priced shopping bags.

Finally, what on Earth is Air Algerie's problem with passengers going to the loo before take off? This is the second time this has happened to me - running late from the domestic flight to make the International connection. You haven't been to the loo since landing into Algiers over an hour before and you need a quick pit stop. You board. Walk to the bathroom having stowed your luggage, only for the crew to tell you you're not allowed to use the facilities, even tho take off is still 20 mins away!!

Each time I've basically responded to the crew member: "You have three choices. You can offload my baggage right now and I will use the facilities in the terminal. Or I can pee in the corridor. Or, you can use your brain and let me use the bathroom here and now." They always buckle. But it's always a struggle.

If only there was more airline competition in Algeria, I suspect no one would fly wth this relic; this publicly run shambles.

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank Ivan B

Reviewed November 17, 2017

Sometimes late but you will find the crew always happy to help. The find has always been great though.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is only a 40 minute flight each way so there was no in-flight service but the staff members at check in for both flights were very nice and helpful. The planes left on time and the checked-in luggage was available within an acceptable time frame.

1  Thank Hexy
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We flew Air Algerie from Burkina Faso to Paris via Algiers. We were scheduled to depart at approx 3:00 am. The flight left Ouagadougou about an hour early because all of the passengers were checked in and through security.

There was nothing overly impressive about our experience on the flights. Because we were in Algiers very early, we tried to get onto an earlier flight to Paris. We didn't have any checked luggage but the Air Algerie staff at the Algiers airport were not willing to help in any way.

We ended up not being able to change our flight and flew on our initially-booked flight.

My opinion of the airline would be better if the staff were more willing to help, but they weren't.

• Food and Beverage
1  Thank Randy H
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I used this airline for the first time on 11th September it is a basic plane on par with easyjet l guess. No air and graces with this airline company. They gave cold chicken as our meal and is meant to be served cold. I feel service and the out dated airline needs a major overhaul to bring this airline more customers satisfaction. Can't recommend this airline company at present.

2  Thank joecool1973