Tripadvisor
Worldwide

“Horrible Airlines”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We knew when choosing this cheaper airline we weren’t going to get 100% quality. The airplane itself was old, the food served was a ham a cheese sandwich and apple sauce..... enough said. Those are the kinds of things we would expect from a budget airline but we had a connecting flight through Mexico City and by the time we got to our gate the flight had left already with 20 mins left to board. The gate attendants were unapologetic there was no warning on the gate sign that said departed just a gate attendant who said it had left. She directed us to a customer service kiosk who directed us outside to see a supervisor. After finally finding the spot to change our flight they told us we’d have to pay $350 cad to change the flights since it was our fault and we should have had enough time. They were standing there questioning us not apologizing saying it should have only taken us 20 mins to get through immigration and get to our gate. We waiting at least 10 mins to get off the cus from the plane then another 30 mins to get through immigration even after trying to ask attendants to let us go first since our flight was leaving soon. I have never experienced this type of service before. We travel often and through many different airlines and we have never had a connecting fight leave early without even trying to page passengers not on board yet. We’ve now missed our flight to Lima therefore missing our next flight to Cusco since we have to wait 6 hours until another plane goes to Lima. Horrible airlines and horrible customer service. We will never be using this airline again or recommending it.

Date of travel: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (9,961)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In-flight service with both flight AM695/AM521 were great! However, the check in agent at YVR, Ms Gabriela C was extremely unwelcoming and rude! I was clearly lining up at business/Sky Priority check-in counter and was told by Ms Gabriela C that I was at wrong counter in an extremely rude manner. During the whole check-in process, she was offering no greetings and smile, did not mention anything about the Skyteam Lounge access either. I always fly business, this is my first Aeromexico business class experience, but the check-in process was, by far, the worst!

Reviewed January 18, 2020

I flew Aeromexico round trip. I can only attribute the rudeness and poor service from the flight attendants to perhaps being miserable in their jobs. They weren't friendly, in fact they didn't even smile. It gave me a bad feeling from the get go. A male flight attendant argued with me that my under-seater Samsonite bag was too big and I needed to put it overhead. I didn't want to do that, and it wasn't big at all. It's an under seater for God's sake. I told him repeatedly that it would fit because it's fit in every airline I've been in including Aeromexico. He completely ignored that and demanded that I give him my bag, which I didn't do. Then he rudely asked me to move out of the way so the passengers could pass, when he was the one holding up the line by arguring with me! Afterwards, when everyone was seated he passed by and told me that all he was trying to do was make sure I had more leg room and was comfortable, which is BS, then he said, "but you didn't want that". What a schmuck. I will never fly Aeromexico again, Not international anyway. By the way, the flight attendants on the first leg of the trip from the US to Mexico City were fine.

1  Thank LCD532015
Reviewed January 18, 2020

A great airline to travel with. The aircraft were very clean and newer. The food and drinks were the best we have ever had flying. The air staff were very well dressed and pleasant

Date of travel: February 2019
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank D1797JNbillb
Reviewed January 18, 2020

It was a decent & good flight that it was enjoyed from Orlando, Fl., USA., to Mexico.
The check in timing was good and in addition I got the seat right over the airplane's winds which it has a lot of space and reclinable.....!

Date of travel: December 2019