“A Routine Flight”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I was returning to Milwaukee WI with Atlanta Ga being the first leg of the trip back.
My experience was good.
Pretty much a routine flight. My seat was comfortable, the aircraft clean.
The flight attendants were Very courteous and helpful. We arrived on time. Nothing untoward or unpleasant about the flight or the personnel. Also we were given a little snack which I appreciated. Most airlines don't do that anymore.
I have no complaints.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,394)

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I upgraded to First Class for the leg from Havana to Mexico City because I had a long flight ahead of me. I thought this would mean that my luggage would come off first but no, it wasn't on the belt. I was told not to worry, that there was a later flight from Havana the same day and to provide my details, which I clearly printed in neat handwriting on a piece of paper. Aero Mexico have an app called Track Baggage. When I logged on I saw that all of my details were entered incorrectly, my name, telephone number, address of my hotel and home address. All my correspondence to them about the errors was ignored. All emails were greeted with an auto response and case number, (sometimes in French), but never a reply. I rang the airline 4 times but was told I could only email. 3 weeks have now passed with no luggage and no word. My insurance policy for delayed luggage only pays $250. Because I had to try and buy everything at the airport (no shops where I was headed), a small suitcase alone cost US $230 and that's without clothes and a toothbrush! Aero Mexico now inform me that the case is closed as my luggage has been returned. In spite of 4 calls and about 6 emails to them, at no stage have I been informed where my bag was shipped and when. After such shoddy treatment I don't even believe them but imagine it's so that they can avoid paying insurance for lost baggage which is chicken feed anyway compared with the value of my loss and the stress the whole thing has caused. If you have to fly with them, don't check your bags.

4  Thank readysetpack
Reviewed July 16, 2018

I am still traumatized at the treatment and still reeling from the experience. I never knew the devil or his angels existed on earth until I boarded this dreadful airline. Had me stranded in Mexico city with my parents going nuts in America, then had the nerve to flag me for thorough border inspection after I landed in the States. All because I refused to be profiled, who checks bags at the mouth of the plane? Who? Who would tell someone that they didn't pay enough for their flight they need to purchase another ticket when they have already used 3/4th of the ticket? As in pay the full fare plus extra for the last leg of your trip. I flew from JFK to Mexico City to Cabos on my way back the flight was delayed at Cabos, missed the one on Mexico City - not my fault reissued another ticket, spent the night in Mexico City at the airport. Come time to board, I was told that I didn't pay enough for my ticket, I needed to purchase a whole new one. Like who does that? Who?

• Food and Beverage
2  Thank Mambo T
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

This was the WORST experience I’ve ever had with an airline. I would rather row a boat then to EVER use this airline in the future.

My friend and I ran into some issues with her passport so we called the airline to explain the situation and how we were going to resolve it so we could make the connecting flight (we were flying delta to ATL and our connection was Aeromexico to Mexico). We were driving 6 hours from NC to GA to get an emergency passport, and we used that time in the car to try and fix our travel arrangements, especially since the connecting flight and the embassy issuing the emergency document were both conveniently in ATL. After waiting 45 minutes to talk to someone, we reached someone and gave her our information, and explained what was going on. She asked if she could put us on hold to look into it further... after waiting several minutes on hold, she “lost” the call. So, we called again. The wait the second time wasn’t nearly as long, maybe 10 minutes, and it happened to be the same girl we talked to the first time, but I immediately asked for the supervisor. Monica(the supervisor) who was very unfriendly, spoke to us and I explained the situation - we’re having issues with one of the travelers passport, we are driving 6 hours to Georgia to get an emergency travel document (confirmed it will be issued) we would like to get a night flight to Mexico. She immediately tells us we can’t travel because of the passport. I reiterate to her we will 100% get the emergency document and will be able to travel. She then says that we never agreed to pay. At that point I am frustrated and tell her “money isn’t the issue, no one has even asked us for payment”. So Monica the supervisor asks if we can wait on hold while she looks at something, and we wait about 10 mins and the call is “lost”. She knew our contact and original flight information, and NEVER tried to call us back. We called a third time, waited 45 minutes, and talked to someone for about 15 minutes. He was nice, but ultimately never resolved anything, and at the end of the call we still didn’t have a new flight. We were both frustrated at this point so we decided to wait until we got to the embassy to try calling again. While waiting at the embassy we call again, there was a long wait, and I talked to someone for nearly 30 minutes before she tells me “I want to look into something can I put you on hold”. I hold for 5 minutes and “LOSE” the call again! I call back and talk to a guy, at this point I’m delirious and am so upset. I explain the situation, I tell him to see how many times we’ve called in, and please just get us the next flight out. He puts me on hold on and off multiple times, quotes me wrong prices and finally tells me it’ll be $1700. That is absurd. They won’t do a change in flight for us knowing we had been trying to get the situation fixed since 9 am that morning (by this time it’s almost 6 pm!) we have to pay $200 per ticket for a change in flight and we have to pay the difference in price of the original tickets. Ultimately we decided to purchase tickets through a completely different airline for almost half that cost. BUT when I told the employee that was we were going to do instead, he NEVER said “if you do not rebook the original tickets then your flight back will automatically be canceled”. Needless to say, a flight we already paid for to get back was canceled since we didn’t take the original flights to the destination. Thankfully my friend asked me to call Expedia (who we originally booked everything through) and confirm our return flight. if I hadn’t we would have never known our flights were canceled because Aeromexico DIDNT inform us of the cancellation until we were already back in Charlotte, NC (thanks to American Airlines!) I would like to say thank you to Daniel the supervisor at Expedia for trying as hard as he could to help us but ultimately the a*holes at Aeromexico lacked any compassion or sympathy for us. I had nothing to do but sit at the ATL airport for 12 hours until our flight the next morning that I spent 4 hours on the phone with Expedia as Daniel tried every which way to get us there for the least amount of money and spoke directly to the the managers at Aeromexico(to at least honor our flights back, which they refused) Daniel was very kind and I could hear in his voice how sorry he was that he couldn’t do more for us. He didn’t have to spend the amount of time he did trying to help us because at that point we had fixed all of our travel arrangements, he was trying to do right by his customers and save us a little money.

Please do not mistake this a b* fit because we didn’t get free flights, even though We ended up spending almost $2k on top of the original $3k we paid. No this is about the TERRIBLE customer service we received. We spoke to aeromexico 5 times, with the supervisor one of those times. 4 of those 5 calls somehow were “lost” or “disconnected”. NOT ONCE did they call us back. The manager was absolutely rude when I expained the awful situation we were in and she didn’t even call us back. They lacked any type of sympathy or compassion for the situation we were in. They could have easily let us rebook the tickets, pay the difference in flight, and waived the “change in flight” fee of $400 ($200 per ticket). Their employee didn’t inform us of the automatic cancelation on the return flight, they didn’t inform us of our canceled flights until we were already back in North Carolina! I don’t even want to think of what could have happened if i never called Expedia. They were just completely awful! Even an employee of Delta that we spoke to, which delta is a sort of sister or affiliate with Aeromexico, told us they are awful and they have terrible customer service... Their OWN employee!

At the end, Daniel the Expedia supervisor told us that we would have a credit through Aeromexico that we could use before January 2019 (but we’d still have to pay the $200/ticket change in flight fee). I told him I will NEVER use it or Aeromexico in the future and for Expedia to re-evaluate their partnership with Aeromexico because they made us feel like complete and total garbage.

1  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I take aeromexico to go to Mexico (I am a Mexican national but living in London ) we usually go by BA but this time I decided to give a go to a Mexican flight.
We are a family of 4 with two little ones and I must say it was not what I expected....
We have traveled around a few times (not to make fuzz about it ) and many airlines are very good with children ... not this case ...
service at check in was good the guy was very attentive and polite as well as on our way back... my observation (not to call complaint ) is in the aircraft they do not provide any safety measures for infants !!!! I mean not extra life saver or a little seat bealt ... I asked for it and the flight attendant jus replayed : “Case of an emergency we do have some additional life saves”
OMG in my head just cross I hope you will have the time to give me one if something hapens !! What kind of answer is that ....
Also at the time of breakfast or dinner they never asked if I needed something for my little one ... I know they are not obligated to give some food for infants but no attention at all .. very disappointed, at night time no one offer a little cot to try to make our flight a bit more comfortable nothing .. I will not be flirting again by AM mainly for the lack of measurements for infants and lack of sympathy for mothers in a very long flight.

It’s a shame ...