“Dissapointing food but even more disappointing service”
Review of Aeromexico

Reviewed November 22, 2017

I would avoid at all costs. Food was average, legroom was average and spent a little more on the tickets with them than other airlines (would not do again)

Unfortunately we had an incident on our return leg with the boards at the airport as they were incorrect and even though we checked in 3.5 hours early at the airport the gate was incorrect on the board.
It wasn't the end of the world we missed our flight but the service we got was appalling.
After the airline staff at the gate sent us to one desk we were then sent to another on the other side of the terminal. Once getting to that one we were then sent back to the first one. They then made a call and told us to leave the customs area and go to another desk (1.5 hours later) near the check in desks. We then found the outside desk, and spoke to someone. They advised they could book us on the next day flight for £1,600 (even the lady at the desk said we should talk to a manager) and sent us to the next desk to discuss. This gentleman then tried to send us to the one in the customs area (which we could not enter as we had no flight). We booked a few days later for £450 with a different airline and the extra time in mexico was actually quite nice.
After writing various complaint emails (starting on the 4th of November) we finally got a reply today on the 22nd of November saying it wasn't there fault and the count this matter closed.

1  Thank arron148
Write a ReviewReviews (6,874)

Reviewed November 22, 2017

Last week I flew from Los Angeles to Santiago, Chile with a layover in Mexico City. I was traveling for work, so I didn't have a choice of airline or flight. After reading some really awful reviews of Aeromexico online, I was really worried about the trip. But I was absolutely blown away though by this airline. If possible, I will choose Aeromexico whenever I can. Check in was easy and all four of my flights were incredible. They were also on time with no delays. The planes were new and very clean. It was the first time I took a Dreamliner and it was such a great experience--very modern and so many entertainment choices. The eight-hour flight from Mexico City to Santiago would have been difficult on another, less modern airline. I'm very nervous when I fly and luckily there was little turbulence. The food was also surprisingly great. We were served free meals on all four trips with real cutlery and glassware. I was so shocked after years of expensive, poor quality food on domestic airlines with disposable, non-environmentally friendly containers. The attendants didn't speak much English, but they were all friendly and came around quite often offering drinks. Thoroughly impressed by this airline and wouldn't hesitate to take it again. The only downside was that check in at the Santiago airport was only two hours before the flight, so I had to sit around the check in area for several hours until I could board (the flight was a red eye).

1  Thank Skaerje
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Why o why?? Why do we have to clear customs in Mexico City then go thru the rescreening (TSA) equivalent to get back into the Intl Terminal (#2)? If Mexico is not my final destination, why do I have to clear customs, other than the agents want to take some of your stuff home with them. What a waste of time. Long lines, several Intl flights coming in all at the same time (yeah I know, it's an Intl airport yadda-yadda-yadda!), etc. ect. Luckily my connections were not tight so I had plenty of time.

On the way back from Guatemala, I sat in the airport looking at the departure screen for 3+ hours & never saw my flight listed. So at 7:15 pm for an 8:00 departure, I went to the info kiosk & asked the guy & he told me what Gate my flight was departing from so I walk over there & they are already boarding!! Had I waited any longer for my flight info to come up on the screen, in the other part of the terminal , I would have missed my flight. Amazing!!

Just awful service in the airport!

1  Thank cmandds01
Reviewed November 20, 2017

This was our first time flying with AeroMexico and we were very pleased and would happily fly with them again, actually we have already booked our next trip and we are flying AeroMexico again. Friendly service fairly comfortable seat with lots of legroom.

1  Thank Binkyljfm
Reviewed November 18, 2017

This is one of the better airlines of Mexico, although it has to be said that they run late on a daily basis, especially leaving from Mexico City.

1  Thank jair0dr