“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Aerolineas Argentinas

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I flew from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and return 10 days later. The planes were clean and the service was good. I checked suitcases in at Ushuaia directly to Perth Western Australia. I changed airlines in Buenos Aires and when I arrived in Perth, they were there. Very pleased.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,201)

Reviewed November 11, 2017

My wife and I were in Buenos Aires and decided to take a side trip to San Carlos de Bariloche. I made the reservations and received an email thanking me for purchasing the tickets and provided me with the PNR and seat assignments. The following day I went to the concierge desk at our hotel and asked that they confirm our reservation.

I was told we did not have the reservation, later the reservation agent to the concierge we had to pay for the ticket within one hour, I told them @#1 I input my credit card when I made my reservation and #2, no where did it say in the reservation or the email I was sent that I had to pay within one hour (why did they want my credit card when I made my online reservation?). The reservation agent admitted it was their mistake, I asked since it was their mistake, they make good on my reservation. We were informed we could take the same flight but it would cost an additional $600.

Seats were OK and just OK until the man in front of me reclined his seat. There was 6 inches between the back of his seat and my face and I'm not kidding!

No question why this airline is not a part of the "Oneworld" group!

Reviewed November 7, 2017

So. I booked a flight from Buenos Aires to Bariloche, online. The Aerolineas website. Everything seemed to be going smoothly. I was using Google Chrome. I entered all my details, ie: name, nationality, document info, etc. No issues. When I got to the payment page, I was given a choice to pay with a credit card or continue without paying. When I attempted to select an option to pay with my credit card there was no link. I ultimately elected to proceed without paying. Finished up.

I received a confirmation email with a reservation code and a message
"Dear Passenger,

Thank you for purchasing your ticket with Aerolineas Argentinas!

Your ticket has not been issued.

We hereby include the complete data of your itinerary in detailed:..."

Because of the sentence "Your ticket has not been issued." I thought it best to immediately call. Found a number on the contact page, dialed and managed to get through without waiting too long. Started to explain that I wanted to pay for a reservation I had just booked. Waited for a response from the service agent. Nothing the line has gone dead, my phone shows the call has not ended.

I decide it to be best to try sending a message through the customer service webpage.

The next morning, after getting no response via email, I again tried the phone number. Waited 20 minutes only to get a very bad line with a very low sound level. Had a hard time hearing the service agent. I explained the situation, gave them my reservation code.

I thought that their response was something to the effect that my reservation had been cancelled, I had used the airline's Argentine website and that it did not accept international credit cards. Again, it was a very bad connection and I'm not completely clear that was what they said. I asked them for some clarification. Their response was pretty well the same thing they said the first time. I repeated back what I thought I heard them say, and when I asked if I had heard right, there was just a dead line.

Again, my phone shows the call has not ended.

I am now looking into alternatives to this airline.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

Not all that bad the 2x2 configuration works and gives good space for larger Euros. The snacks and drinks were sparse but free. The airline was very efficient in rescheduling, delayed flights with connecting flights.

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
Reviewed October 28, 2017

We're not aware of the airline strike until we're at GIG airport for bag drops. Our flight was cancelled on 13 Oct. After standing in line for 3 hours, we manged to get a flight out on 14 Oct. Though accommodation, transfer and meals were provided, our itinerary was disrupted. So, we had to cancel, and re book, accommodations, transfers, etc etc. The aircraft, seats, snacks, services were fine. But our valuable time and money were gone at least for a day. When I looked back at Aerolineas Argentinas' history, strikes seemed like a yearly affair. We're in a way lucky as our flight was on the last day of a 9-day strike!

• Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)