“Absolutely fantastic”
Review of Aer Lingus

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first flight with Aer Lingus! We flew from Manchester to Dublin to JFK on departure and return the same journey the other way round.
The staff were fantastic!
The whole journey ran very smoothly, no issues with connecting flights or delays, in fact we were ahead of schedule on all journeys.
Aircraft clean and comfortable. Food onboard was fine nothing to grumble about at all!
I saw that a child was unwell on our way home a couple of seats in front, the staff were so attentive and consistently checked in on the family. It was very reassuring to see that if travelling with a child there was help at the ready! And I guess for all adults too! Brilliant!

Date of travel: January 2020
AerLingusSupport, Social Media Agent at Aer Lingus, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your kind feedback to us, we really appreciate it. We're happy to learn that you had an enjoyable experience and we do hope to see you on board again soon.

Write a reviewReviews (11,646)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Aer Lingus is the worst airline for customer service. Forget the awful, outdated, unflattering, frumpy, cheap, and ill fitting uniforms, the folks wearing them are just as bad.
I have flown as both a non-rev and paying customer. These folks deliver the bottom of the barrel service. Abrupt, curt, dismissive, annoyed, and plain awful. The impression I have gotten every time I have flown, was that they were doing you a bl**dy favour even serving you.
As a non-rev, the level of begrudgery is outstanding. When I fly with any other carrier, particularly Delta, they go out of their way to make our trip comfortable, especially a non-rev. I don't expect it nor feel entitled to being treated better, it is an almost un-spoken courtesy we all extend to each other. My husband is a pilot for a legacy carrier, and he tells me that he makes it a point to greet and make the non revs feel welcome. You might get some that act entitled, but when we fly we make sure to be dressed appropriately, and not forget to thank our host carrier.
But Aer Lingus must have some un-written rule to be as rude as possible to non-revs.
We were outright lied to at times when it came to our carry on, making us check it in, even though they were regulation size and under the kilos necessary. It made no sense.

Having travelled on this airline for over 15 years, I can reliably say that the customer service is appalling. I have observed Aer Lingus staff with other customers, and it is embarrassing how rude, dismissive and annoyed their collective demeanour is. This most recent flight, a woman had asked for a blanket and the air hostess was utterly annoyed, muttered under her breath, brought the blanket, practically tossing at the customer. Then other customers started to ask for blankets, this hostess said out loud that there may not be many left. I was horrified.
A woman seated next to me asked if the sauce on the chicken dish had tomatoes, and the hostess chucked the meal tray to her and stated in the most bitchy tone ever, "it's a sauce", then proceeded to visibly roll her eyes and chat with her fellow hostess in hushed tones. Appalling.

Like I said, the level of begrudgery is off the charts. I am embarrassed for Aer Lingus. Truly awful customer service.

Get it together guys, you have one of the most cheerful crowds on your flights, because everyone loves coming to Ireland. My husband and myself noticed that any flight into Ireland has such a fun vibe, people just love to visit Ireland. Then you get on the flight and the abuse begins.

Straighten up and fly right lads, you suck.

• Customer service
1  Thank SkyShiva

Hi, we're very sorry to hear this feedback and we do apologise. We expect all of our staff to be polite and courteous at all times. We'll be sure to pass this on to the relevant team for their attention.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had bid and won a business class upgrade on my outbound flight, so didn't know what to expect for a transatlantic in economy class near the rear of the aircraft. I was pleasantly surprised with the comfort and quality of service. Check-in was quick and friendly. I had tried to purchase Lounge access online before leaving my hotel, but the purchase did not go through. The counter agent checked that I didn't have the lounge access purchased and advised that I had to purchase it online in advance. She gave me the wifi information and I was able to complete the payment. Lounge access purchased by non-business class passengers is limited to 2 hours and doesn't include the full dinner served to business class ticketholders. The lounge was pleasant and quiet with plenty of snacks and beverages. Having access to a hot shower and nice place to change into clean clothes was worth the cost for me.

Boarding was very organised with Business class, priority economy class, and then economy class rear rows first. Nice beverage and dinner service. Disappointed to not get any pre-landing beverage or snack service though. The flight was almost 6 hours and I'd have liked a little something went the cabin lights went on.

The connecting flight from DUB to MAN was operated by Stobart Air on a smaller propeller aircraft. Carry-on luggage allowance is less for Stobart flights, but was not strictly enforced. If you have problems climbing stairs, request special assistance if you're on a Stobart flight as a jetbridge is not used.

• Customer service
    • Check-in and boarding

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to pass on your kind feedback to us, we really appreciate it. We're happy to learn that you had an enjoyable experience with us and we do hope to see you on board again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I paid an extra $150 for exit row seats because their website advertised that paying extra would ensure additional legroom. However, the exit row window seat does not have additional legroom because of the exit door chute that is attached to the inside of the exit door. This blocks the legroom, so I received no benefit from the exit row seats. When I asked for a refund they insisted there was extra legroom. Do not pay the additional fee for an exit row seat!

• Legroom

Hi Richard, this is the safety slide that is fitted on board all of our aircraft. We hope you can appreciate that safety is our number one priority. We do apologise for any disappointment caused by this.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I purchased a round trip from MAN to BOS via DUB and JFK via DUB to MAN on a discounted economy class ticket. I received an email invitation to bid for upgrades to business class on the long haul portions. I only submitted a bid for the outbound, the lowest amount allowed, and it was accepted. Business class on the long haul portion was excellent and worth the money. The MAN-DUB flight has no business class, but I was automatically reassigned a seat more forward and given a priority boarding pass for that flight, which was very good service. I'll discuss the economy class return flights in a separate review.

• Check-in and boarding

Hi, we're glad to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us and we do hope to welcome you on board again soon.