“budget is budget”
Review of Pegasus Airlines

Reviewed April 12, 2019

budget ist budget. so no surprise to pay extra for everything else than a seat, which is the minimum distance.
board entertainment is available in some planes with own equipment and on-board wifi.

the real problem are long stop-overs at Sabiha Gokcen Airport in Istanbul. The airport offers WiFi for 60 min only if you pay for a meal of 40 TL. Finding a seat to wait or sleep is impossible in the morning hours. Long waiting lines for the security check after you landed.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (4,324)

Reviewed April 11, 2019

After reading all of these reviews, I was fully expecting that I was in a for a nightmare trip. The experience couldn't be further from the truth. Got to the airport and I was still confused by the Pegasus baggage policy. Everything I read said one piece of carry on luggage, sized similarly to a personal item. I thought I was going to have to check my rollaboard and with a 50lb limit, pay extra. But before even getting on the line to see what the story was, I was asked by a Lion Air employee if I needed help. I ask about the baggage (again, I was toting a medium-sized duffel and a US regulation size roll aboard . The rollaboard was def more than 50 lbs). The LA employee says "no problem, you can take those aboard". He was professional and friendly and pointed us to passport control. I was expecting SAW to be a nightmare as it was the same day that IST was moving locations. They had a warning on their site about more traffic than usual and to show 3 hours prior to the flight. No need, however, as we were through PP control and security in about 20 minutes. Got to spend a little extra time in the lounge so all good. We did almost miss our flight as we were focused on the wine and almost missed the last call but that a whole other story. Ran to the gate, took the shuttle to the plane (shuttle was CRAZy crowded but it was 2 minutes of my life so no complaints). The plane was pretty standard fare for a budget airline. Legroom: maybe a little cramped. Seat: Maybe a little hard. Water and food: maybe a little missing . However, this is a BUDGET airline. Know what to expect and you will be perfectly fine for a short haul flight. Staff was friendly and professional. Departure and arrival on time. Boarding easy and non-chaotic. All good! If you are stressing after reading all of the previous reviews like I was, you can relax. It's probably going to be a pretty normal flight experience :)

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Don't use it if you are not a turk.
We had a very racist incident, with aggression, with one of the counter employees. The police had to interfere, the airline never apologized, even we wrote a formal complain....

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank cristinampfdz
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Always have some sort of delay. The domestic flights are terrible. It is cheaper thu compared to Turkish airline.

Reviewed April 8, 2019

Flight was ok, more or less on time, service was good. I can recommend this airline for budget travellers.

Date of travel: March 2019