“holiday travel”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed December 14, 2017

I got a shock 24 hours before my flight when i discovered my legroom seat numbers had been changed without explanation.Being rather tall with long legs this caused me some concern.Phone calls to travel agent and them to Thomas Cook, however, determined that i still had my legroom seats but it was now a different class of aircraft..
I attempted to print my boarding pass 24 hours before flying but struggled,when weighing cases in the operator said it wasnt a problem and printed one for me.
boarding was a bit chaotic but it worked and we left on time!
They were very thorough in checking I was physically able to assist with doors in an emergency.
I emjoyed a very hot coffee drink before receiving my in flight meal.A nice piece of tasty steak in gravy with a few carrots and mash. also a bread bun cheese crackers and a pudding.
arriving early in Hurghada we were soon met by guys saying Thomas Cook passengers needed to go to a certain exit for visas. I ignored them and got my visa from the bank desk at $25 US those that went to the other exit were charged $30. be warned,
The return trip was more chaotic.
Arriving at check in an announcement was made that all electrical goods must be removed from suitcases and put in hand luggage. chaos as suitcases were being opened at over the place.
Security was thorough and repeated a number of times even an additional check near boarding gates.
the plane was announced as delayed by 75 minutes,because of weather problems experienced previously at Manchester.
The plane was boarded rapidly because any additional delays may mean the pilots would have been over hours resulting in compulsory rest period.
Another smooth flight and a similar mean meant we arrived safely but late in manchester,
oh and just before the doors were opened there was an announcement that 40 cases had been put on the flight to Gatwick, they knew which were involved and would arrange for them to be delivered, oh dear,fortunately my case was safe ohh.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (10,124)

Reviewed December 13, 2017

When you get off bus from plane go up escalators and go to your right where you will see glass boxes that say change and bank get your visas from here they are $ 25 dollars do not be hasseled by the so called Thomas Cook reps they try to push you to there queue where they will take £25 from you for a visa they are making about £6 per person out of you Insist you are only paying $25 and they will then ignore you and you can carry on to get visa from bank there

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

We flew with these to New York for a holiday with my family for my dad's 60th. The flight was really good with lots of in flight entertainment to help pass the time. You did have to pay to access the latest movie package but this was worth it at £5. The food was really tasty and enjoyable. The plane was an Airbus with seating layout 3 4 3 which changed to 2 4 2 at the rear. We booked the 3 rows of the 2 seater which was good as we had our own space and wasn't sat next to strangers. We had no delays and everything ran on time. This was a very good flight and I recommend to others. I will use them again to fly Trans-Atlantic.

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Gambia is 6 hours so booked a Vegan meal. No suitable food at Gambia airport so waited for flight only to be told they don’t have any Vegan meals, even though I preordered.

They literally had none and a lot of people were very annoyed. They didn’t have anything to offer us as nothing on the menu was suitable either. I required food to take my anti-malarial.

I was given a card to claim compensation and once I filed this they offered me my £10 back. I then complained again saying it’s not good enough to just refund my money. It wasn’t about the money I wanted to impact them to take notice of me and all Vegans. They made me feel I was lucky to get my money back.

2  Thank Kim R
Reviewed December 13, 2017

Good customer service well looked after before and during the flight.The plane was clean and cabin staff friendly and polite. Our return flight was a little delayed through no fault of theres but due to a careless airport staff in Kos damaging the plane door whilst removing the steps. Thomas Cooke sent larger long hall plane to carry more passengers due to the earthquake in Kos. We were lucky and had reserved seats in row 3 and this was there premium class much more legroom fully adjustable seats with foot rests and tv screens in the seats

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)