“Thomson next time”
Review of Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Going to try not use thomas cook again for flights. Mt 518 delayed no surprise as is every week and then on way back Mt 519 delayed again. Seats not comfy not much leg room. They only recline if you're a fat person. Like I had in front of me so gave me less room. No tv to watch so had use ro my phone to watch films on 518. Then on 519 leaving hurghada your not allowed power banks on board which is fair enough due to security. But no tv for 5 hours and 15 mins. Yet again no leg room due to larger person in front. Worst company I've ever flown with.

• Value for money
Write a ReviewReviews (10,096)

Reviewed September 23, 2017

Arrived at dome beach hotel to be show. To our family room , meant to be two club,es and a single but only had two beds in , giving credit to the hotel staff they rectified this within 30 mins , We travelled back on 22/09/17 due to leave dome beach hotel at 5 o'clock which was duly brought forward to 4:35 , we left the hotel and arrived at the airport at approx 5:10 we were due to fly at 8:25pm we had heard rumours the flight had a two hour delay so asked the Thomas cook rep at the airport and also the check in assistant both said no delays were recorded once through security which was an issue as the lady wouldn't let us use the family check in made us stand in the cue our sons had to go through o their own on our outward bound journey our 10 year old had to have a search (no adult was s made he. Very nervous this was going to happen again, the rumours had resurfaced with a few other passengers so I did a flight check on MT1016 this showed that it had been delayed by 4 hours our flight was still showing on time , I went and asked again about delay again told nothing was wrong at 13mins until gate opens it changed to 289mins until open upon speaking to LGS the handling agent and after two hours of delay asking for food and drink vouchers were told that these wouldn't be issued as the delay wasn't going to be more than 3 hours (wrong) ended up leaving at 11:52pm poor poor communication , once aboard the flight the pilot announced the delay was because something was wrong with the front of the plane and it needed sticking back on and they had also lost two passengers ... being our first time abroad and flying this sent our sons anxiety through the roof and he panicked all the way home that something was going to happen to the plane , we were offered a free drink from the trolley as an apology for the delay , totally un exeptable as this turned out to be near 12:45am , the plane flew at a London wet altitude also causing anxiety as we could clearly see most of the countries we passed street lamps and buildings although we had our shutters closed others still had theirs open we touched down on the runway at 2:09am , but didn't actually get to the gate until 2:20am no mention of compensation , the staff seem very understanding and work hard but without the main facts from head office or flight control their hands are tied , suggest that your staff get re trained in the flight laws as I've been investigating this morning and this afternoon if I knew last night what I know now I'd of made more of a scene email of complaint is on its way the inflight entertainment was very poor you need to download an app no good once your in the air as you can use your device , but what your also not told is you need to connect your device to the inflight wifi before using the app our screens were dim and not worth a carrot flight crew were as understanding as they could be , outward bound flight apart from security search and inflight entertainment was spot on would of scored a 4/5. But Because of the return leg can only muster a two

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
2  Thank Eddietheelf2012
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Having paid a lot of money for seats together, it was only when we boarded that we realised that our seats had been separated! I have never experienced this after having paid for allocated seats!!
Additionally we had paid for priority boarding, something that they actually didn't do for this flight!! Our bags were also meant to be first out due to priority but were almost last!
However the most frustrating part was the fact that at both airports my daughter was not on the booking despite me having a booking confirmation. This caused a lot of waiting and stress!
At Faro airport the priority check in queue is also the bag drop for those that have checked in online which meant there was a huge queue of people and defeated the purpose!!

Reviewed September 23, 2017

I booked my holiday back in July and my flights were all confirmed, and additional fee in relation to Extra leg room was paid for, including fast track.

This trip was to celebrate my mother in law 60th birthday, and to be honest our outbound flight being on easy jet was considerably much better in comparison to your flight and airport experience.

We arrived at the airport to check in on the 22nd, we were told Thomas Cook did not confirm our seats 12 e& F, and 13 E & F on FLIGHT MT519, that those seats are not booked for us, I had all documents confirming the booking reference number. Still got a no, then I was advise yes we located your names, but NO leg room seats or bags and i had to pay additional cost.

I pint blank refused and had to kick a fuss at the airport and a supervisor attended the to the issues and was advise we will give you seats as a good will gesture, HOLD ON A SECOND< I PAID EXTRA FOR THOSE SEATS> then he continued I will have to pay for the bags which I refused.

We managed to get o the flight and instead of my original seats we got 35 a,b,c,d which are not conformable.

The flight was delayed over an house and not even an apology PA was made on the flight.

To add further insult, the inflight service WAS POOR, we were told sorry no food is available, and limited drinks, basically some beer, pepsi/coke and some chocolate. We were told the bars were not stocked.

This is not acceptable when you pay for leg room seats, fast track and receive None,a nd on top the inflight service was poor, staff had a slight attitude and I had no choice if I wanted to get home

If I am being honest it felt that the staff were trying to sell me my own seats, and that my original seats were sold, and the whole thing felt shady and not above board.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank danny P
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Finally had a call from thomas cook who have now reimbursed my money And offered me an additional sum as an apology..
I'm pleased with the outcome but, boy, did that take a lot of effort with done very negative comments from their social media team.
Thank you.