Tripadvisor
Worldwide

“Good Service All Round”
Review of Virgin Australia

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From checking in to the VA lounge to boarding the aircraft, all staff were friendly and welcoming. Take off on time and arrived early! On board service was friendly and attentive at all times. Lack of onboard entertainment loses a mark.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (11,202)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my wife flew to Perth on the 1st of January. The meal that was served to us was absolutely terrible. Neither of us ate it .. It looked terrible, it tasted terrible, and Virgin should be ashamed of themselves for serving a terrible meal. After tasting it, we handed it back to the hostess.
On such a long trip, I think that next time I will be flying Qantas, as I’m sure that their meal quality has to be a lot better than the rubbish we were served by Virgin.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Originally I had planned to travel from Melbourne to the Gold Coast, and (later) booked a flight from Adelaide to Melbourne to connect with a couple of hours layover to allow for lateness etc. The flight to Melbourne was cancelled due to the bush fires + weather conditions, and at the airport was rebooked via Sydney with no layover - literally walking out of one flight into the next - at no cost regardless that both original flights were not on the same booking.

This was handled really well and I was very impressed with the staff who dealt with it amongst juggling many other related issues.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This five hour flight was in a basic domestic plane. Choosing economy x brought the cost to over $1500pp. My dedicated economy x locker was full of our passengers bags. Economy x promises a lot but the disclaimers mean you are only likely to get more leg room. The food portion was tiny, tasty but inadequate with nothing else. No wonder they are struggling. Why go with them? No entertainment except for an app and even then not a lot of choice.
On return we missed our connection to Melbourne (1.5 hrs is not enough). So we took the 10pm flight with some annoying passenger playing their device without earphones. Twice they were told not to, twice they ignored instructions. Then the FAs gave up. I should have either booked Air NZ via Auckland or Fiji Air. Virgins service was not worth the price I paid. Oh yes there were tissues etc in the seat pocket in front and crumbs.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I hadn’t flown with Virgin Australia for 5 years but happily booked them for a 1:50 flight from Melbourne to the Gold Coast. Customer service was great; cabin crew were very nice but the snacks were so small that we were all left wanting more.
I didn’t fly with Jetstar because they seem to cancel flights a lot, but at least you could buy a filling snack or small meal. This is not available on virgin. Something to think about when I next book flights......BYO food.