“Check your hand baggage”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time flying with Flybe. It was local and cheap and as we were going to Amsterdam, it was only an hour flight so even if it was a terrible flight service, it was just an hour of my life.

We had checked in online and only travelled with hand luggage so it was straight through security and into the airport to wait for boarding.

Boarding was Chaos. This was completed by swissport, and there was just the one lady there checking and boarding everyone. Everyone had to have their boarding card and passport checked as you do, but then everyone also had to go stick their hand luggage in the sizing tray which just caused chaos. Lots of peoples hand luggage didn't fit and these caused a backlog of people having to have their luggage processed for putting in the hold at an extra charge.

The hand luggage size is a lot smaller then every other airline. I'm convinced their sizing tray is off, as i measured mine and also the dimensions from the manufactures was within Flybe limits and mine only just got in with a squeeze. Think i'll take a tape measure and check their measuring tray myself next time.

We managed to board with our hand luggage but because of the queue and the 1 person completing boarding, we were all still boarding the bus tot he plane as the time it should have taken off. The attitude of the swissport lady boarding passengers was appalling. Passengers asked for her name to complain and she refused to give her details or complaint details.

Onboard the plane, a bombardier Dash-8, the overhead lockers are tiny. Which would explain the tiny hand luggage size. The cabin crew was however pleasant and there was no issues with the flight itself.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Pandamedic
Write a reviewReviews (7,785)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I know good airlines from bad airlines.

Safe airlines from unsafe airlines.

Airlines that have excellent maintenance to those who dangerously cut corners.

And I, for one, would never in a MILLION YEARS let a member of my family set foot on a flybe plane.

'Just my opinion. You of course are free to do as you like.

But don't say I didn't warn you.

2  Thank jon d
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great service by the Flybe crew very patient with the more irritating of the passengers .flights on-time great little airport in Southampton just a mile from my home excellent all riund

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Flybe is great for me as I only live 10 minutes from the airport in Southampton.
Being a fairly small regional airport, it rarely suffers delays and is really easy to navigate around.
Flybe offer a really good choice of internal and European routes, and can be much more expensive than other airlines from larger airports, but I think it’s worth paying the extra for the convenience.
The Flybe staff are always well presented, efficient and polite, both on the ground and cabin crew.
The aircraft appear to be fairly new, reasonably comfortable and in good condition. There is only one standard class, which is perfectly acceptable for short haul flights.
Refreshments can be a bit limited, and sometimes they will have sold out of sandwiches etc but again, a minor inconvenience.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very fast and hassle free check in.The cabin crew were very efficient and friendly,also the flight was on time.

• Seat comfort