“Edinburgh”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed April 18, 2019 via mobile

The flights were on time the staff were polite. The problem was our cabin baggage was marginally too big - they almost made it. So we were charged £50 per bag(£100 total)!!!! It was extremely annoying to find out there would have been plenty of room for our bags!!! YOU would think when a flight isn't full they would waive the excess when it's a fraction of an once too big!!! We ordered the right size luggage to be delivered from Amazon to my brothers home in London otherwise it would have cost us a other £100 to return!!!

Date of travel: March 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (6,769)

Reviewed April 18, 2019

Beware!! I booked the flights at xmas for easter. I always check in on time and have never had to pre book seats before. This time flybe changed their systems and sent me a new booking reference. When i checked in it only generated my boarding pass - neither of my children who i had booked with me were anywhere on the booking. I rang the call centre and eventually the lady managed to get my booking for the kids using a different number. So i checked them in - seat 9a and seat 18a!! I am in 1a my 5 year old son is 18 rows behind me. I contacted flybe on facebook and they were unable to help as i hadnt prebooked the seats and basically refused to believe the children werent on the booking. To say i am livid is an understatement. The only advice they could give was to ask people on the plane to move - thanks flybe!! However Having checked the CAA website I found that airlines have a duty to sit groups together (especially young families) where possible and that automatic seat allocation systems should reflect this. To me it seems exploitative that I should have to pay to book seats together with my young family when i check in just as it opens!!

1  Thank Dymps19
Reviewed April 17, 2019

Flyer beware! There are many things wrong!
1. The size allotted for carry-on luggage is the size of a small child’s suitcase, so most likely you will always have to pay £50 to check your bag.
2. When we checked in for our flight, we were told that our connecting flight was cancelled, but the agent could book us another flight or even tell us if there was another one that day. She was not able to help us as apparently she did not have access to the information. We were told that we should fly the first leg and see what they could do there. Eventually the agent referred us to a desk that access to flight info. The desk was NOT a FlyBe desk. We canceled the FlyBy flight and booked another flight with another airline.

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed April 17, 2019

I have been trying to book in on line for my flight on Friday morning for the last hour. The flight was booked through Opodo ( Never again) Could not understand their service agent who tried to charge me £10.00 to do it for me. I find this an absolute insult as a customer.
You need to do far better than this

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Frank Mitchell.. You are a legend!! Great radio programme today regarding baggage but in particular, Flybe's baggage policy. So much discontent with this Company and so little respect for their customers.. Shameful!!