“Some difficulties”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Recently flights have been cancelled with minimal notice. You cannot print your boarding cards until 36 hours before the flight time which is problematic if you don't have access to a printer during your travels. Flybe used to be a goof airline to fly with but recently there have been problems making travel unnecessarily stressful. I hope they sort these issues soon.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (6,729)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I'm a frequent business traveller throughout Europe and as a general aviation pilot ,fully understand the importance of loading an aircraft safely so travel lightly with a small , wheeled case which hold toiletries and a change of clothes. I have used this case on every single European airline, including low cost without any problems. However, on a trip to Paris earlier this month I was forced to pay £50 at the gate or my bag would not be going with me.I was told if I didn't pay the £50 I could chose not to board the aircraft and forfeit the cost of my flight. Half a dozen other passengers were given the same ultimatum so Flybe made an easy £300 on that flight. When I pointed out that other passengers had larger bags, two or even three bags, I was give all kinds of irrelevant excuses as to why they were allowed to board with their luggage without additional charges. The plane was not full and there was plenty of room in the overhead lockers.I have complained and been fobbed off by their customer service team but have now complained to the CAA. If that proves fruitless I will pursue Flybe in the small claims court as their behaviour is outrageous. If I had known that they effectively don't allow hand baggage as their allowed size is minuscule , I would probably have chosen to fly with another airline. I see the Tripadvisor and the internet is littered with complaints about this unacceptable practise. Be warned !!

2  Thank simlog
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

If i could give this company minus stars I would give them the maximum.
I am forced due to my job to fly with this ...... disgraceful company. I fly a lot all over the world and on average about 6 times a year with them and that now since 3 1/2 years. During all this time, I NEVER had flight which was on time and wasn’t delayed or like today again another aircraft change due to technical problems. I had with this company in this short time, 5 aircraft changed due to technical issues, which raises the question about their maintenance responsibilities!!!
The average delays are rarely less than 1 hours sometimes even up to nearly 3. For some reason they always make sure that you can’t claim your money back and have an aircraft within less than 3 hours. Today we sat in a freezing bus with open doors for over half an hour and 15 minutes past the take off time until someone had the decency to come and inform us, to get back into the terminal.
I will from now on definitely try and find a different airline as this airline is a joke. It’s getting more and more expensive and is starting to charge the same prices than big airline.
I have since 2 years the same bag and it was always ok but now it’s all of a sudden to big??? I asked if they changed the size and it has been denied. You know that something is definitely weird if the boarding personnel is standing there with a card reader.I never seen card readers at any gate, before you board the craft. The only reason for that is that you know you have done something, which most frequent flyers like me are unaware of. I checked on the internet and they changed the cabin luggage size to a extra small size so they can charge another fortune for oversized hand luggage.
I can only advise to avoid this company under all circumstances. If the tickets look cheap, think twice. Pay a few £ more and get a decent flight with a decent company. This was definitely for me the last time I wasted my money on this waste of space.

Reviewed April 14, 2019

A smooth transition through Birmingham Airport, considering how very busy it was, to the Flybe gate towards our flight to Dyce (on a twin prop plane).
On board, the cabin staff and pilot both spoke slowly and clearly over the tannoy. Communicating well and very informative. Far better than two days before on my Flybe reciprocal flight.
We took off 15 mins late and arrived at 2020 hrs, as was planned. £134 for the return flight.
Alighting at Dyce, we were bombarded by the speedy and unclear voice over the tannoy system. Haven't a clue what the person was on about. Might as well have played white noise over the air waves. Communication is rather important!

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I have just returned from NOC airport in Ireland and I am disgusted at the money grabbing of airline Flybe ie €54 for hand baggage as the case was “too large”. I have used my hand baggage case on numerous occasions with no issues. Maybe a small handbag would suffice..... for travel.

I think the staff at NOC airport are specially selected with an attitude. Passengers on the flight made up a third of its capacity. Shame on you Flybe that you feel the need to make up your money by charging this excessive amount. I feel that customer relations are at an all time low. I will not be flying with Flybe again.

1  Thank Mamacass91