“Better Than 2 Days Before (For Certain Points)”
Review of Flybe

Reviewed April 14, 2019

A smooth transition through Birmingham Airport, considering how very busy it was, to the Flybe gate towards our flight to Dyce (on a twin prop plane).
On board, the cabin staff and pilot both spoke slowly and clearly over the tannoy. Communicating well and very informative. Far better than two days before on my Flybe reciprocal flight.
We took off 15 mins late and arrived at 2020 hrs, as was planned. £134 for the return flight.
Alighting at Dyce, we were bombarded by the speedy and unclear voice over the tannoy system. Haven't a clue what the person was on about. Might as well have played white noise over the air waves. Communication is rather important!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Scott D
Write a ReviewReviews (6,774)

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

I have just returned from NOC airport in Ireland and I am disgusted at the money grabbing of airline Flybe ie €54 for hand baggage as the case was “too large”. I have used my hand baggage case on numerous occasions with no issues. Maybe a small handbag would suffice..... for travel.

I think the staff at NOC airport are specially selected with an attitude. Passengers on the flight made up a third of its capacity. Shame on you Flybe that you feel the need to make up your money by charging this excessive amount. I feel that customer relations are at an all time low. I will not be flying with Flybe again.

1  Thank Mamacass91
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Flew both ways with Flybe, both flights delayed, probably because they spend most of the time trying to force another £50 out of you with their baggage policy, which basically means if your bag is a millimetre over their size you are charged.
Customer service seems to be so low on their agenda almost to be non existent, checking in on way back was a nightmare and got little or no help.
They may be cheap but trust me unless virgin do something with them soon they won’t be around for much longer.
The apathetic look on their staff faces tells no lies, they must know their days are numbered.
If they were the last airline left, I’d stay at home.
Never use them again for certain

Reviewed April 14, 2019

Although we were delayed on a busy Friday tea-time flight, Flybe kept us well informed and the staff and Captain especially was helpful and honest about the situation in hand. The return Journey was to our surprise, much quicker and we managed to get back earlier than we had planned... because (after being told the flight would leave around 35 minutes later than scheduled) we were then boarded early and quickly informed that we had a slot to leave virtually around the scheduled time and managed to make time on the return flight back to Manchester, being well-informed and dealt with efficiently by the crew.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank LordAppetiser
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Travelling from Dublin to Cardiff with flybe airline, both myself and my mother had cabin size suitcases. On departing Dublin not once was our cabin size suitcases measured or sized until we had the pleasure of departing Cardiff where we were made a show of, plus many others in trying to board the plane due to sizing our suitcases. I was charged €60 to bring my cabin size suitcase on board in which only the wheels were sticking out of the bag sizer where the lady told me that this did not fit their regulations. I was expected there and then to pay the €60 where the seemingly leisure of my holiday soon ended. I had already spent enough money on these flights let alone give another €60 for the money making benefit of flybe. When mentioned to flight assistants in Dublin they had admittedly stated flybe are going bankrupt and the bag sizer is getting smaller each year to catch people out. This was the first, and for sure the last time I will be flying with this airline. It is so disheartening to think these people can without thought take empty money off people. Pure extortion. Holiday abruptly ended.