“First experience of Hop! but it was very good for a short flight to Paris”
Review of HOP!

Reviewed May 31, 2018

This was my first experience of using Hop! and on the whole, they were very good.

The plane was an Embraer 190 and it was quite basic - which vinyl seats - but the legroom was file and it was clean and tidy.

The staff on-board were very pleasant and efficiently sorted out a snack and drink in the 1 hour 20 minutes that it took to get from Newcastle to Paris - along with their other duties.

The snacks were fine - I had a chicken wrap, but I'd go for a bottle of wine or a can of lager if I flew with them again just because you only got a small glass of water, juice or a soft drink if that was your preference.

There was no on-board entertainment that I could see, but for a flight this short, none was required.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed May 23, 2018

We could bring more luggage than we had declared, and could ad a Box without paying an extra charge (like Easy jet likes to do).
Despite of delated departure due to a strike of the sky guider the board team did everything to get all the passengers to their destination, The pilot chose to fly lower and use a route to avoid the blocking of the sky guides in Marseille who begann the strike earlier than announced. Thanks a lot for the service and friendliness of the team and the Pilot.

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Our flight had a delay of 30 minutes, which was fine, however, the connection in Lyon was terrible, mostly due to poor organisation and staff of airport in Lyon, we had to run to other terminal and go through security check.. again!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Hop! Are part of Air France. Charles De Gaul is a large Airport and it was our first time departing from it.The Air France staff were very helpful advising the procedures to go through to get luggage checked in & getting us to the departure gate, If you have not flown from here, I would advise giving it 30mins extra to be on the safe side. It was very busy in April, but I can imagine it being 10 times worse in the summer. Once we got through past customs we could relax in the departure lounge. We tried the cafe and it was ok & reasonably priced. It was only a 1 hour 50 minute flight back to Aberdeen. Once we could board, we had to get on a bus to take us to the plane which takes about 6 minutes, with about a 1 minute to the aircraft. Once you get onboard the stewardess is very nice, friendly and courteous.The seat is comfortable & there is plenty leg room for a short Hop!! Before you take off, it takes aprox 14 minutes to taxi to the runway.The stewardess went through the usual procedures for takeoff and emergencies. Once we took off, we were advised there was turbulence for most of the way, but to be honest you barely felt it. We were offered a Sandwich of choice and a drink and cookie/cake if required. The flight went by very quickly and felt like less than an hour. The landing was very smooth as I have always experienced with hop. I'm looking forward to returning to Paris next April, our new favourite City. and I've just booked our tickets with Air France (Hop!) again.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2018

Our trip to Lourdes happened to coincide with the train strike in France. Fortunately our TGV tickets were refundable, so I was able to switch from train to plane without the train penalty. There was not much time to shop for a flight, but I thought I should stay from Air France, which was also on strike. I picked HOP! via CheapoAir, and I had no idea HOP! is also related to AF.
While making the reservation for the 5 of us, CheapOAir required full identity and birthdate of all passengers. Since this info was in my home computer, I had to stop the reservation midway, and continue at home. In the 20 minutes that it took me to go back to the reservation, the ticket price had gone up by $50.00 each! This was 4 days before our trip to Lourdes, no time for comparison shopping.. So in a panic I bought the tickets right away and also purchased 5 cancellation insurance just in case.
We had carry-ons + one passenger on a wheelchair. Check-in was uneventful. The waiting area was crowded, and it had work tables with electric plugs. The attendants took my sister and her husband in his wheelchair ahead of us. We could not pre-select our seats, but we had seats close to each other. The seats are more spacious than Delta Airlines economy. The attendants served drinks and cookies for the 1 1/2 hour flight.
We did not see any waiting taxis at Tarbes airport, but there was a big sign in the waiting area that had the phone number to call for taxi service. The person who answered the phone spoke English, fully understood that there were 5 of us. The big van arrived in about 10 minutes, but before reaching us, he picked up a couple of passengers who were also going to Lourdes. It took about 45 minutes to reach Lourdes, and we gave the driver EUR50 for the 7 of us.
To avoid problems with carrying Lourdes water into the passenger section of the plane, we put all of our water in one small carry-on and checked it in.
By the way, at our arrival, Orly Airport did not have taxi dispatchers and were duped into paying EUR80 for the van trip from Orly to our apartment in 1st arrondisment in Paris.
All in all, travel time by plane saved us a couple of hours of travel time and gave us more time at Lourdes, for about $100.00 more per person.

Date of travel: April 2018