“Nice Flight”
Review of HOP!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Hop! Are part of Air France. Charles De Gaul is a large Airport and it was our first time departing from it.The Air France staff were very helpful advising the procedures to go through to get luggage checked in & getting us to the departure gate, If you have not flown from here, I would advise giving it 30mins extra to be on the safe side. It was very busy in April, but I can imagine it being 10 times worse in the summer. Once we got through past customs we could relax in the departure lounge. We tried the cafe and it was ok & reasonably priced. It was only a 1 hour 50 minute flight back to Aberdeen. Once we could board, we had to get on a bus to take us to the plane which takes about 6 minutes, with about a 1 minute to the aircraft. Once you get onboard the stewardess is very nice, friendly and courteous.The seat is comfortable & there is plenty leg room for a short Hop!! Before you take off, it takes aprox 14 minutes to taxi to the runway.The stewardess went through the usual procedures for takeoff and emergencies. Once we took off, we were advised there was turbulence for most of the way, but to be honest you barely felt it. We were offered a Sandwich of choice and a drink and cookie/cake if required. The flight went by very quickly and felt like less than an hour. The landing was very smooth as I have always experienced with hop. I'm looking forward to returning to Paris next April, our new favourite City. and I've just booked our tickets with Air France (Hop!) again.

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a ReviewReviews (1,410)

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Our trip to Lourdes happened to coincide with the train strike in France. Fortunately our TGV tickets were refundable, so I was able to switch from train to plane without the train penalty. There was not much time to shop for a flight, but I thought I should stay from Air France, which was also on strike. I picked HOP! via CheapoAir, and I had no idea HOP! is also related to AF.
While making the reservation for the 5 of us, CheapOAir required full identity and birthdate of all passengers. Since this info was in my home computer, I had to stop the reservation midway, and continue at home. In the 20 minutes that it took me to go back to the reservation, the ticket price had gone up by $50.00 each! This was 4 days before our trip to Lourdes, no time for comparison shopping.. So in a panic I bought the tickets right away and also purchased 5 cancellation insurance just in case.
We had carry-ons + one passenger on a wheelchair. Check-in was uneventful. The waiting area was crowded, and it had work tables with electric plugs. The attendants took my sister and her husband in his wheelchair ahead of us. We could not pre-select our seats, but we had seats close to each other. The seats are more spacious than Delta Airlines economy. The attendants served drinks and cookies for the 1 1/2 hour flight.
We did not see any waiting taxis at Tarbes airport, but there was a big sign in the waiting area that had the phone number to call for taxi service. The person who answered the phone spoke English, fully understood that there were 5 of us. The big van arrived in about 10 minutes, but before reaching us, he picked up a couple of passengers who were also going to Lourdes. It took about 45 minutes to reach Lourdes, and we gave the driver EUR50 for the 7 of us.
To avoid problems with carrying Lourdes water into the passenger section of the plane, we put all of our water in one small carry-on and checked it in.
By the way, at our arrival, Orly Airport did not have taxi dispatchers and were duped into paying EUR80 for the van trip from Orly to our apartment in 1st arrondisment in Paris.
All in all, travel time by plane saved us a couple of hours of travel time and gave us more time at Lourdes, for about $100.00 more per person.

1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed May 1, 2018

Air France operate an internal carrier named HOP! I’d never heard of them.

The airport in both cities is close to town so getting to and from was never an issue. Just a flight with a carrier I didn't know.

HOP! operated a Bombardier CRJ1000 on the route. It’s a Canadian built 100-odd seater. Very comfortable, good seat pitch, two-by-two seating, large windows but still, a bit like being at the back of cigar tube.

Take-off seemed late, as if we needed extra speed. Although the flight encountered rough weather, we were quite comfortable in the air. Touch-down was hard, but there was wind about. 100 marks out of 100 for the pilots.

HOP! service from airport to airport was first class. Two attendants managed all the passengers, simple coffee, juice and biscuits. Very polished, very professional.

Full marks HOP! Full marks Bombardier!

1  Thank IanRR255060
Reviewed April 25, 2018

Neither positive or negative exitement. The personnel was friendly, the boarding went a bit chaotiv, some people got new tickets at the gate and then got even different seats in the plan. After a few minutes the crew gave up of the chaos and everyone else got free seating. Never had that before. Somehow funny but also concenring as it highlighted organizational weakpoints. I am tall and usually my first look goes to the space for the knees. In this plane it was boarderline for me but it was only a 50min flight.

• In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed April 19, 2018

Booked via travel agent, so at trade rates I assume as part of a package. To my surprise I was in what they call Sky something or other. Seems to mean Business Class as I was allowed use of the Air France business lounge at Charles de Gaull airport.
Also had. Seat at the front also business class.
Service great, more room on seat, great snack( more comprehensive than Economy, though it looked OK too).
Overhead space good on this Banderanti? Jet.with seat configuration 2 opposite 2.
Better than BA in either seat class as BA has definitely come down in my estimation, from leader to also ran.
Overall I like Hop who are part of Aur France.