Our group of 5 just returned from a trip on the Elation from January 11th to the 16th.  We specifically chose this cruise because we wanted to see Amber Cove and Grand Turks. Neither of which were docked at. My family spent months excited and researching these port, had excursions all lined up and our days planned. The last thing you want to do is be dropped on a port last minute, and not know what there is to do. That's exactly what happened...we were dropped at Nassau the last day. No internet to research things to do, and frankly, by that time our spirits were so broken, it was not fun. I didn't book a Nassau cruise. After the engine troubles, the ship sailed toward Cuba, where American's aren't even allowed right now, before it did a U-turn back to Grand Turks.

The ship rocked so bad that with all the water pouring over the edge of the pool, the pool was over half empty one morning. 3 people in my party were so sick the first several days we couldn't leave our room. I saw a man throw up on the carpet outside the main dining room on the captains dinner night.  Another carpeted hallway also smelled like vommit.

We were in our room the night before we skipped Amber Cove. We heard the engines shut down. The ship horns sounded several times.  We can only guess it was to warn another coming ship we were dead in the water.   Diesel exhaust smell was in our room all night that night.

There were multiple occasions where our room vibrated and was very loud, both day and night.  I have this on video, but unfortunately TripAdvisor doesn't allow video attached to a review. It felt like the ceiling was going to start falling in, and was scary.

My kids were excited about the water slide until they went down it.  There was not enough angle to it so they had to scoot themselves along.    They said it was the slowest slide they have ever went down and were bored.of it after two times.

The guest services line was very long every day.  They were smart enough to station about 10 security guards around guest services, as so many people were upset, mixed with that much alcolhol, something bad could have went down very easily. .

I was charged for gratuities again, even after I had prepaid for them.  The guest services rep told me the computer doesn't make mistakes like that, implying I must be lying.

No thank you, Carnival. I will continue to cruise with Norwegian where I feel my family is safe and we'll get the ports that we paid for. What I got with Carnival...5 days on a rocky, loud ship that made half our party sick, no sleep due to the ships engine troubles causing loudnesss and severe shaking, the smells in our rooms, and still had to wake up early each morning to be ready for port, just to get let down over and over.

Any company with integrity would have refuned the price of the cruise for anyone experiencing this on their ship. That would have been a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. I would have respected and been loyal to a company that admitted they made a mistake, by sending out this ship, and made it right. I love cruising and would have booked many more on Carnival. Not anymore. How can I trust a company that puts a ship with known issues (this has been documented all over the internet) back out on the ocean, just to break down in the Burmuda Triangle, which is known to have sudden severe weather, in the middle of the night?

If I had booked this trip to get drunk all day and pass out each night, oblivious to anything around me, I'm sure it would have been fine. After all, it didn't sink....yet.
Sail Date: January 2020
Dining
Pools & Sundecks
Onboard Activities
Entertainment
Scroll below for other great reviews

Carnival Elation

4 Night Cruise to the Bahamas
Departure date
Thursday, 03/26/20
Route
Port Canaveral (Orlando), Nassau, Freeport, Port Canaveral (Orlando)
View Map

Interior Upper/Lower (1A)
  Porthole (PT)

Cabins

Balcony
    Cabin size: 185 - 185 sq. ft.
    Connected rooms: 8

• 9
    Selected filters
    • Filter
    • English
    This was an amazing trip and we could not feel better about our decision to go! Guest service was unlike anything ever and it appeared the staff went out of their way to ensure all guests had everything the could think of. Our lead housekeeper was Shelia. She was always happy
    Highly recommend cruising on this small ship. I’ve been on the largest ships in the world, but the personalized service i received on this cruise was exceptional
    Was supposed to visit Dominican republic an Turks an caicos island for a family trip,My husband, daughter an myself. Dominican republic was supposed to be the first stop,don't make it,one of the engines blew wasn't informed we weren't going to dock until it was time to dock.
    i had read so many bad reviews about this ship I was getting afraid to go on. We had a great cruise. The ship was clean, someone was always walking around with a bucket cleaning. Our cabin was always clean and fresh. The entertainment was very good. Cruise director Alex
    had a great time with my girlfriend great service food was good the service in the mdr was great service at bars were great band was good plenty to do

Upcoming Itineraries

4 Night Cruise to the Bahamas
    Departure date
    Thursday, 03/26/20
    The map for this itinerary is not available at this time.
    Top Deals
    $244pp
    $344
    $259pp
    Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy, and are provided by our partners. Taxes, fees and port expenses are not included. Fuel supplements may apply. Availability of prices is subject to the supplier’s pricing availability.