“Was it Worth the Savings?”
Review of Flair Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were not pleased with our flights with Flair Airlines. Our departure was delayed for over 3 hours. We did not arrive in Hamilton until 2am. Not a great start to our vacation. While on our vacation I was notified that the departure time from Hamilton was moved up from 10:30 am to 6:30 am. This caused us to make changes to our travel plans. We no longer had time to return our rental car. We incurred a $50 drop fee to leave the car at the airport. Our visit with the family was cut short. We are both seniors and we chose the 10:30 departure for several reasons. We arrived home exhausted. Not impressed. Not worth the savings.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's not a big aircraft but I have no comments on their services, their crews were ok too. Best choice for those who wants to save money on fare without compromising comfort.

1  Thank Enya S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is a simple no frills get on, get up, get down, get out kinda business. My carry bag was a bit larger in dimensions then the allowance, but they were nice about it and let me fly anyway. the plane on the way to Vancouver looked and felt like a 30 year old retrofitted UPS plane or something, (it was a bit mismatched and some colors were faded) but it did the trick. on the way back from Vancouver, the plane was modern new Jet. I am 6'1" and the leg room was fine for me for a 1 hour flight.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was probably the 3rd/4th time we flew with Flair (previously New Leaf) and we always had a great experience! for a family of 5 (children are 1, 3, and 11), it really saved us a lot of money.

Our previous experiences with them were great, but last September 2nd our flight was scheduled to depart at 8:00 PM and we were told that there had been a major delay since the morning that affected all the succeeding flights. Our mistake was that we should have checked Flair.ca before we left home. The email they sent to us the day before the flight did advise us to check for our flight online, but we failed to do so. My advise to you is to always check before you go to the airport.

It was rather challenging for us to have had to haul all the kids to the airport only to find out that our flight was not to leave until 1:00 AM. Long story short, we did get a $10 voucher per ticket-holder to any restaurant in the airport and had 1 baggage fee waived. That was a nice gesture on Flair Airlines behalf - we certainly appreciated it. We ended up going home and coming back to the airport at half past midnight, but there were more delays and boarding didn't start until 1:30 AM and the plane finally departed at 2:00 AM.

This was definitely a lesson learned for us to always check before going to the airport! Other than the slightly rough landing (which was not a huge deal - the winds were also quite rough), I enjoyed my flight with Flair. Their airport staff and flight crew are always nice, helpful, patient, and polite, which I greatly appreciate!

In spite of the unfortunate delays, I still think that Flair handled things quite well and I give them full praise!!! For that I think they deserve a 5-star rating; because it is during the uncontrollable misfortunes that a company's integrity is tested and I think that they passed with shining colors!

Thank you Flair Airlines for keeping your prices pocket friendly and for keeping your cool during tough times!

• Food and Beverage
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was my first time flying with Flair. Overall good service if you do everything ahead and on line.
One comment though. On our flight back to Edmonton, one of the flight attendants was wearing way too much cologne. In this day and age when every business is striving to go scent free, this should be their policy as well. In the confined space that airplane is, it was pretty strong and every time he came around we literally held our breaths.