“nightmare, our government subsidized air service in rural PA”
Review of Southern Airways Express

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Purchase tix in march 2017 SAE notifies me night before flight my itinerary has change getting to BWI 1 hr before I connect overseas. Well I get there 15 min. before connection departs. My original reservation was to get me to BWI 2h30m before my connection. When I asked if they would refund my fare the night before the change in itinerary so I would drive down to BWI earley that day, I was informed because the flight was not cancelled no refund would be offered and I could not use my return flight to AOO because I did not use the ticket. This airline has a horrible reputation and its on time and cancellation statistics are an airline industry embaressment. This airline is govt subsidized and it definitely shows.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
3  Thank Benjamin S

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Needed to go from Nashville to Memphis and didn't want to spend a fortune. Found Southern Airways Express - what a wonderful little regional airline. They treated me (and everyone else) like kings and queens. Will definately be using them again when I'm needing quick - local flights.

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, movies)
1  Thank Harley505
Reviewed December 1, 2017

The check in and flight were efficient and on time. The in-flight service was terrible: unfriendly and downright rude. The steward seemed to be in a bad mood. No smile, no greeting, he just put the snack and beverage in front of you without any sign of acknowledgement. I am a frequent flyer and have never before experienced such rude behavior.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Excellent airline with excellent customer service! I've done the flight from DuBois to Pittsburgh (and Baltimore!) several times (I catch connecting flights from PIT to other areas of the country) and have never had an issue. The flights are sometimes delayed by half an hour or so, but as long as your build in extra time at the airport, you'll be fine.

I'm not sure what all the negative reviews are about... The airline got off to a rocky start, but it has definitely improved. If you're looking for a convenient and affordable way to get from your regional airport to a major airport I would highly recommend Southern!

Huge shoutout to Captain Wendy who was courteous and very professional during my latest flight! I already have reservations made to fly this airline again at Christmas for my holiday travel.

1  Thank 93mf
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

Simply awful! One big cluster f---!!! Was supposed to leave at 12:20 pm, as of 1:33 no one knew what was going on. Pilots all gathered at check-in desk, staff stressed and befuddled. Hear things like, "too much fuel--weight," 5-6 different scheduled flights all delayed and no announcements to passengers!!!

5  Thank Cheryl S