“I do NOT recommend Thai Lion Air”
Review of Thai Lion Air

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

I’m not one to complain because nothing really gets me frustrated but the Thai Lion Air service team and manager in Phuket were very rude and I was very upset. Your only allowed 10kgs and nothing of that gets communicated if you purchase through other apps such as Expedia, Cheapflights etc. More so, the customer service team and manager in Phuket were so rude they didn’t consider anything we said and threatened to not check us in if we didn’t pay the excess luggage even though we didn’t say we wouldn’t pay for it.

Furthermore, they didn’t apologise for the miscommunication between their airline and partnership with the other apps nor did their team advise that they will make the effort to try and change this lack of communication for the future travellers choosing their Airways to be more efficient with their packing as its only 10kgs allowed. We were not the only customers shocked when we checked in and it was pretty sad. The other Airlines such as Bangkok Airways, NOK etc have a maximum of 20KG so I didn’t quite understand that but I have since complained directly the the airline so I can try understand.

The manager also said when we were showing her what we saw on the app compared to her system that ‘Expedia say no fee but there are fees, expedia say no info but there is info and its 10kg so repack, pay or leave.” (We couldn’t repack because our carry on was full). We paid and even the excess baggage team when we went up to them were rude.

Just be aware everyone its 10KG domestically and be careful if your app says 15KG like some other travellers apps did. Its incorrect, look at their website. It may be common sense to some but I trusted my app to provide all the info because its one of the best and supposively most professional but obviously there was no update and just a lack of communication as seen on my photo here. Be careful team!

9  Thank talitakate
Write a reviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed January 16, 2018 via mobile

There is no display where to queue. Everyone queuing around and they took super long to queue. Basically you just wasting your time to queue there. Is only when last call then they let you in as priority. No matter which country you going all queue together. You can imagine hundred over ppl queuing up just to check in. Their English is not good or maybe they are giving rude service.
A boarding their flight is also in a mess. You need to take a shuttle bus to board the plane. Again you won’t know whether you are suppose to queue or seat there to wait. There is no indication.
My first time using Thai Lion Air, unfortunately is also my last.
There is no speciality of the flight.
They hardly use English for announcements, they only use Thai language and when they approached you they don’t have habit to use English to communicate. I took quite a number of different airline and never came across such airline having such service.
Really a disappointment and I won’t recommend my friends. The flight is not worth the money spent. Food on board is not nice too. If you ore order the food and is out of stock the will replace with other food which you might not like and they don’t to return you the different.

Date of travel: December 2017
3  Thank Darlin6
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

Could honestly name an endless list of mistakes and terrible service by this airline.
To keep it short - after almost being charged £160 (GBP) for a mistake by them, a delayed flight, nearly missing our connection flight because they only had one staff member in Bangkok to check everyone in who had gone for her lunch and our luggage didn’t even get checked in properly for our connection flight. I will never use this airline again and would seriously not recommend.

1  Thank brad_flowerdew
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Having flown quite a bit with Thai Lion recently, I have found them to be punctual and efficient, all at very reasonable prices. On short haul flights, such as domestic Thai flights, the in-flight offerings are light enough, but that's only to be expected from a 'budget' airline. All in all, no complaints.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

They charged us 400 Baht PER Kg, which is insane because flying around the country we had paid 473 baht flat rate to check in our bags that went over. And not only was the rate ridiculous, instead of attempting to explain to us the cost, the workers started laughing and pointing at our bags and us as we tried to communicate with them. Do not fly them under any circumstances. It's also not clear on the website where to pay for additional baggage online.

1  Thank Rayna O