“Value for Money unless you miss flight”
Review of Thai Lion Air

Reviewed October 16, 2017

I have used them 3 times in October 2017. I am 6' and the leg room was terrible. Had my knees pressed up against the seat in front of me the entire flight.
Ordered noodles which we had to pay extra for and the food wasn't great. They we stuck together like a mash and the vegetables weren't very fresh.
We had missed our flight from DMK to CNX and the fee change was the equivalent of buying a new ticket which was surprising.

1  Thank VishalG1218

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at Chiang Mai airport 3 hours prior to the flight as instructed on the airline's website and on our e-tickets. Unfortunately we were not given the option of checking in online so needed to do so at the airport.

After queuing for 20 minutes we were told by a very sharp and somewhat rude member of staff at the desk that we had turned up too early and we could not check-in until 2 hours before the flight so we needed to come back then. We then returned at the time we had been told to come back. By this time check in had been open for 30 minutes and we could see on our tickets that we were half way through the sequence for checking in - clearly check-in does in fact open earlier than 2 hours prior to departure!

On boarding the aircraft we found that we had been allocated seats in the row infront of an emergency aisle which consequently did not recline. Unfortunately despite the very short flight time (less than an hour) the passengers infront of us decided to fully recline meaning already limited leg room became no leg room at all.

Whilst we expected seating to be cramped given that this is a low cost airline this was taking it a bit far -even some of the more cramped budget airlines in Europe are more comfortable!

On a positive note the flight was cheap and ran to schedule, however given the poor customer service received at the check in desk and the discomfort of the journey we would not fly with this airline again.

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

We had flights with Lion Air 2 times in a week and both times the flight was delayed more than an hour. First time from Denpasar due to some airplane issues?!?! No information about the delay and no information about the situation.
Second time sitting here (at the moment) at Lombok airport and again delay. At least this time they announced it from the speakers. The planes are dirty and not cleaned. Found so much garbage from the seatpockets and also on the floors. The flight attendants looked annoyed and full of themselves

1  Thank Kristiina S
Reviewed October 2, 2017

It is a normal budget airline with no free services..I also think baggage allowance is also less (15 kg). I traveled in thai smile from bangkok to krabi and I think thai smile is way better with free on board snacks and drinks, extra baggage allowance..

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I booked my return ticket to Yangon from Bangkok and arrived an hour before their final call for boarding. There were many Chinese visitors queuing for check-in and yet the Thailion Air counter at M row handle every destination and people like me going to yangon have to wait many Chinese visitors to check-in. We queued for about an hour and when my flight hour is close and I asked the Thailion customer care and they said the Yangon check-in was already closed. I told them that I queued for almost an hour with other destination people and why didn't they tell us to go straight to our check-in. I didn't receive any proper apology and even not a refund for the ticket for that missed flight till now though they said they would refund.I like their customer handling at Yangon and not in Don Mueng. Very bad management of customers.

1  Thank Sing P