“Batik Air Business Class 5”
Review of Batik Air

Reviewed November 18, 2017

My fifth flight with Batik Air business class was fine. As I visited Batik Air lounge at Soetta Airport, the menu are still the same (see pictures). There were many passengers who sit in the lounge.
Entering the plane, I got the seat with broken control on footrest extend (see picture). This time no peanut served for the passengers, just hot towel and drink.
For food, there were Chinese fried rice and Javanese fried noodle. I took Chinese fried rice for my breakfast.
This time, I also attached some movies titles that we can choose during our flight. There were Hollywood movies, Chinese movies, Bollywood and others too (see pictures)
And most important is the views from the plane. Hope you enjoy them!

1  Thank christoct2017

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Can’t fault the experience. From check-in in Perth to baggage collection it was a good experience. We took off early and landed early. Plane was half full. We had two rows to ourself. We were provide with good non noise cancelling headset however any iPhone or audio jack will work. Food was ok. I had fried rise with chicken. My wife had a vegetarian option and the kids meal was omelette with sausage and hash brown. Staff were good. The flying times are awesome, 8.30am take off 12pm landing. Landed far from the airport and we got a bus (not a big issue). Business class looks ok. You get a seperate bus and what I saw you get the full treatment.

Reviewed November 15, 2017

Check-in at Perth airport was great, access to QF lounge in Perth a bonus and much appreciated. Food at the QF lounge extremely limited for a national carrier, but that is another story.
Air Batik called flight on time, we left on time, but then after having a little tour of the runways, we got back to the terminal. The pilot said due to a technical problems and air hostess said, there was paper work missing. We waited for two hours on the plane for the issue the get resolved. During this time, no offer of a drink or some announcement what was going on. Very unsettling for the passengers on board. Finally we left, food was served, but the pre-ordered vegetarian meal was served with a choice of either prawns or chicken. Great Jasmin tea... I liked that a lot. After the meal service, the two air hostesses looking after business class went to their seats to go to SLEEP!! I am not kidding. They closed the curtains, put on their face mask and had a little nanna nap. After all we were two hours behind schedule:)))...
It would be great, if the Bali immigration cards could be given out on the plane. Staff was nice enough, but not going overboard with service. Plane could do with a better cleaning effort.
Movie choices are older style, but enough to keep you entertained for this short flight. No alcohol, but this does not bother me. Seats were comfortable enough, but the reclining functions are a bit tiered, as was the plane.
On the way back, plane was on time. Check-in staff at Denpasar Airport was nice, but Manager on duty was extremely rude. Told us we were only allowed one piece of luggage each, when in fact business class will give you two pieces of luggage. Had to argue with her. Very unprofessional from the airline not to train their staff properly.

Would I fly them again in business class? Hmmm, most likely not. Garuda has nicer planes and their staff is more switched on.

1  Thank ABee101
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This time, I took morning flight of 7:00 am (normally, I took 08:00 flight) with flight number ID 6992.
Entering the plane, it is surprising that the seat is a little bit different. With Boeing type, the TV is on the right or left hand side of passengers. But now, with Airbus A320 type, the TV is in front of the passengers. The most front seat, the TV is hanging on the wall of the cabin, meanwhile, seats of row 2 and 3, the TV are at the back of their front seats.
For meals, this time the choice is nasi kuning (yellow rice) and mie goreng (fried noodle). I chosed yellow rice. By the way, it seems that Batik Air does not provide peanuts anymore (for both returned flights).
For return flight, the choice of the meals is ayam bumbu sate (chicken with sate sauce (no rice at all)) and nasi bumbu Paniki (rice with Paniki sauce). I chosed rice with Paniki sauce. It was very delicious!
So, from 4 times fly in business class, I experienced 4 different meals already. Let's see meals at next flights then :)
View from the plane was very nice. I saw the cloud very thick and weather was clear.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

The flight was from Perth to Denpasar and back. There was no on-line check-in available and the seats I got were at the back of the plane, asked for a window-seat. When I came to my seat it was really dirty with food residues stuck to the seat:(. Stewardess cleaned it after I asked for it but she even didn't apologise for this. Quality of food was also poor as the noodles I got were burnt.
During the flight I asked the stewardess to charge my laptop for about 30 min and return it to me but only got it back in 1.5 hours though reminded several times to bring it back (as she explained she had to bring it to business class to charge).
I would recommend the airline to focus on customer service and basic cleanness on the board and based on my current experience I doubt that I will use this airline again.