“Surprisingly ontime, good legroom”
Review of Boliviana de Aviacion

Reviewed September 26, 2017

The ontime flight - 15 minutes departure prior to scheduled / 15 minutes prior to scheduled landing, was a delight, nonstop flight from GRU all the way to CBB.
The aircraft, B-737-800 was no-frills, but legroom was fine for the all economy aircraft.
Good option if your final destination is CBB.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We booked a flight to Buenos Aires with a transfer in Bolivia on the BoA airline. Our flight was meant to leave at 11pm Wednesday night, land in Bolivia at 5am the next day and we would pick up our transfer to Buenos Aires at 9:30am. We arrived to the Miami airport at 8pm to check in for our flight, as we were waiting we received an email at 8:05pm saying the flight was delayed until 5am. After waiting an hour on line to get to the desk we were advised that the new flight would not land until 12pm inevitably causing us to miss our transfer at 9am. The gentlemen informed us that because we would miss our transfer we would have to go through customs in Bolivia, grab our luggage and then get back on line to check into the later flight. When we inquired regarding later flights available to Buenos Aires, we were informed that (to quote) "there should be a flight later in the afternoon, im not sure". After receiving our ticket we were informed to get into another line to receive a ticket to stay at a nearby hotel with a complimentary shuttle. We were then waiting for an additional 30 minutes before being sent on our way to rest and were told to return at 3am to board at 4am. When we arrived at the airport the next morning at 3am, we were stopped prior to entering security and told we couldn't go in yet because they didn't know what was going on with the flight. After 45 minutes of waiting outside security we were finally allowed to enter just in time for 4am boarding, however they didn't start boarding the plane until 5am. After landing in Bolivia a man was walking back and forth around the line waiting for customs saying that the last flight to Buenos Aires had just departed and they had a hotel that they would be sending everyone to return the next day for their flight. When we got to the customs desk they opened my wife's personal passport (She's US citizen) and said that she had to have a visa in order to enter the country. This was not something that was told to us back in Miami and we were in complete panic because at that moment I couldn't get into the country. She happened to text her father state side to search to see if there was any other flight flying to Buenos Aires later that day and he had found one at 2pm. When we inquired with the staff they denied the flight several times saying it did not exist and they would provide me the visa to allow her to enter the country and head to the hotel. Luckily I did not give up and found someone who worked directly for the BOA airline who assisted me by taking me to the aerolíneas Argentina desk (leaving my wife behind in customs) to beg for the attendants to find a way to get us on the flight. I was told it couldn't be done 4 times however I was lucky to have the support of a few airline attendants to push trough our tickets to get us on the flight at 2pm. The biggest issue I had with this entire situation (other than the obvious) was that there were at least 14 people who were told there was no flight for them to take to get to Buenos Aires and we're transported to a hotel in Bolivia, however when me and my wife boarded the plane I counted 30 empty seats (and that was not all) on the plane. The BOA airline had from 11pm when they were informed of the delay until 12pm the next day to set up those who needed to transfer up for a successful trip and they did nothing to prepare leaving at least 14 people stuck in Bolivia without a way home. To say this travel experience was a nightmare is a huge understatement, however my main hope in writing this is to publicize the lack of professionalism and preparedness of an entire airline, as well as hope to convince BoA to do the right thing and refund those who were affected by this complete mess of a situation.

1  Thank Mathias G
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Since couple of years I travel very often from Miami to Santa Cruz Bolivia. I didn't have problems before, but this last trip from Miami to Santa Cruz was the worst I ever had, first the plane suposed to departure at 11pm on Friday, there was a storm so the passengers we understand we had to wait, but the hours pased and anyone of the crew told us when we were gonna leave until more than 3am the next day, the plane had some maintenance problem (4 hours waiting for nothing) they took so long to assign us hotel to all the passengers because they run out of rooms in the hotels they have agreement. I arrive to the hotel at 7am hungry and tired, other passengers did the check in at 10 or 11am. And we suposed to be back at the airport at 2pm for the plane that suposed to leave at 4pm but it didn't so we keep waiting until more than 7pm. When it finally departed.
To make it worst all the passenger who had conexión to La Paz, we arrive but without luggage. They forgot to put our luggage in the conexión plane even though they told us the luggage was gonna be in the plane.
I am very disappointed of this airline and ashamed that is Bolivian. If I can I will try to avoid to fly in this company if it's for some extra money I can pay for a better airline that can be able to treat people with respect.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Great airline, I read so many reviews on here saying they don't fly between La Paz and Uyuni anymore, obviously that isn't true because we just did it! They were cheap and cheerful, it's a short flight and they didn't lose our bags so we didn;t have anything worth complaining about! I'd recommend them.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
1  Thank Ashleigh M
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Flight was a bit late so they handed out toasted sandwiches which I though was a nice thing to do. Plane was comfortable and clean.