“OK Service and Flight on Jet Aircraft - Not So Much on the Prop Plane”
Review of Cambodia Angkor Air

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Our tour organizer arranged our flights between Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam and Siem Reap, Camodia on Cambodia Angkor Air. The outgoing flight (#825) was on a relatively new A321, and the flight was smooth and uneventful. Due to the short length of the flight (1:15), the flight attendants served only water to passengers.

The return flight from Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh City (#824) was on an ATR72, a prop plane that had not been very well-maintained, at least, from the interior point of view. The seat cushion on my assigned seat was ripped all the way around the rear portion of the seat. Fortunately, the seat next to me was unassigned, so I could move; but this lack of maintenance gave me pause about flying the airline, in general.

There are not a lot of choices of airlines that fly between Saigon and Siem Reap, but I would advise checking which plane that Cambodia Angkor Air is using so that you can fly on their A321, if possible.

• Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (807)

Reviewed May 3, 2019

This review is a follow up to my previous review. My friends and I had booked a flight with Cambodia Angkor Air, and when we arrived at the airport, found out that they switched our flights without telling us. The new flight was then delayed, which resulted in us missing our connecting flight to Singapore and having to spend $195 USD in order to get home.

After talking with the company, they told me that they could not offer any compensation for their mistake. When I had asked "why not," they read the message and refuse to respond. If it weren't for the scenario, I would find it comical that I am currently getting ghosted by a company.

If you have any set travel plans and cannot afford to miss a flight, I would avoid this airline at all cost. They are completely unwilling to help in any way, shape, or form. I am completely aghast. I have provided a screenshot of our facebook discussion.

Reviewed April 29, 2019

I'll be the first to admit that I was apprehensive about this flight. But upon arriving at the airport we were pleasantly surprised at the ease of check in etc. Our happiness was short lived however when I discovered I had made a fundamental and costly error in my Vietnam visa, I had only bought single entry not multiple entry so we couldn't legally get on the flight. I was mortified, our trip was ruined! However, the staff at Cambodia Air were amazing, they organised with the local consular staff to get us the visa and escorted us through the security and passport checks even driving us out to the plane so we made it on time. Don't get me wrong it was a costly mistake, but they didn't have to do it at all. The flight, though short, was perfectly comfortable and on time, but thanks to Cambodia Air caring staff our trip was ruined by my mistake.

Reviewed April 28, 2019

I can confidently say this has been one of my worst experiences with an airline. My travel partners and I arrived at the airport to find that they had changed our flight to a later one without our knowledge or approval. After waiting an additional hour and a half to board the plane, which was then also delayed, we THEN sat on the tarmac for another hour. We ended up missing our connecting flight, for which we originally had a 3 hour layover.

The complete disregard for ours' and other passengers' schedules is appalling. Not to mention the fact that not a single worker seemed to know any more than we did. I would avoid this airline at all costs.

While the second flight being delayed was an external factor, the fact still stands that the airline should not have overbooked the first flight to begin with nor changed our existing flights without our knowledge. We had to spend additional money on a hotel room and another flight, and are out the $150 USD for our missed flight. It's sad that our trip to Cambodia will end with such a horrible experience.

1  Thank lexievoss
Reviewed April 26, 2019

First time traveling on Cambodia Airways.
Aside from the very strict (and costly) luggage policy, I found myself sporting several bug bites.
The plane was small, very dated but not cause for concern.
However, I noticed several seats laden with crumbs or other debris before sitting down in my assigned seat.
A few minutes into the flight I felt my left foot itch. Then saw a flying insect buzzing around the cabin although it didn’t look like a traditional fly.
I woke up the next morning scratching the back of my thigh and arm. Send photos to my family physician and she identified bem as bed bugs.
I searched the hotel bed (mattress, box spring, headboard) I had slept in very extensively and found nothing.
According to the placement of the bites, filthy plane conditions, I can only conclude these bites were from the Cambodia Airways flight. Hoping that these critters didn’t hitch a ride on my clothes or bags.
Never again Cambodia Air. Please consider cleaning and/or upgrading your aircrafts.