“service not bad, but seats uncomfortable”
Review of XL Airways

Reviewed July 30, 2019

Departed and arrived strictly on time, service and food were good (albeit they picked up trash only 3 times during 11 h flight). food was free, water and juice free, everything else above you had to pay. Legroom was very limited, my knees could not fit, seats narrow - this was uncomfortable! If you had to go to toilet, the passageways were narrow, 2 people had to squeeze by each other. Only coach class, no business class, plane was packed like a can of sardines. Did not like how the pilot handled turbulence on the way (could have changed direction/altitude sooner to find a better position) and the landing at LAX - it was very unnerving, felt unstable at landing (LAX usually is very easy/steady, good weather almost always).

They are strict about hand luggage policy and do check the size of your bags at the gate at CDG periodically, including mine (but not the weight). They allow a carry-on and a personal item, but not anything else. I had to squeeze my lunch sack into my personal item, and put on my jacket, I had originally attached to a carry-on, so the size is formally correct, lol.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (1,965)

Reviewed July 29, 2019

So....after reading the other reviews I was afraid that maybe the plane wouldn't show up or something crazy might happen. However, a check in area was designated for the airline. The staff at the airport and the crew were all friendly. The flight left on time and it was a super affordable flight. Thank you!

1  Thank tiramisu312
Reviewed July 28, 2019

Staff and food was very good the only downside is the tightness of the seats on this discount airline

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Just don’t check a bag (33lbs or under only for carry on) and don’t expect to have any space. I travel quite a bit and this experience I’m having currently (haven’t even taken off yet from EWR), is probably the worst I’ve had out of any airline on any of the 7 continents I’ve traveled to. BUT, if you need a last minute trip to Paris, don’t mind the rudeness and insane boarding process ... do it. Just know what you’re getting yourself into. Also, I’m 5’7, 120lbs, and have absolutely no room. Bring Xanax.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

They lost my luggage and didnt return it for 3 days. Try being in Paris without all your meds and clothes! There isnt a worse customer service on the planet. Rude and unhelpful. The most they will reimburse is 22 Euro per day but be prepared to be put through the ringer for it. So far 14 emails and no money. I have sent them more receipts and evidence than you can imagine. I cannot recommend nor will I ever fly them again. Horrible company. By the way, the Paris airport security asst manager said XL looses more luggage every day than all his other airlines combined!!

Date of travel: June 2019