“WORST AIRLINE (LA PEOR AEROLÍNEA)”
Review of Viva Aerobus

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First & last time I think of flying with viva Aerobús. They have horrible service. Long story short they made me loose my flight. This airline has 4 employees which work in the front desk & boarding the plane . I got there about an hour before my flight having an electronic boarding pass & luggage no document, thinking that I was ready to go. When I get there I’m told that I can’t board my plane because I was 5 minutes late. It was chaos. I’m always flying and never experienced some stupid situation like this one. I waited and waited at the airport hearing how my plane was calling my name. After when I was able to speak to a woman she yelled and was very unprofessional. She didn’t help me and told me I had to be 4 hours early even if I had an electronic boarding pass. Honestly I am so upset because they least they can do is find me another flight back home but they didn’t even want to do that. Never am I placing my money or trust in this airline.

1  Thank Yosoyrachel
Write a reviewReviews (2,920)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked a 'vivalight' vivaaerobus flight before reading all the TripAdvisor reviews and so you could imagine our horror once we read through some of these. Long story short we made a number of changes, along the lines of another previous post and we had a hassle free flight. Here are the key things you should be mindful of, and our work arounds, when booking and checking in:
1. Booking vivalight - because you haven't reserved a seat, you will not be able to print out your boarding pass beforehand meaning a 200mx fee at check-in for staff to print it out for you. Work around: use the web portal to reserve seats. This means an additional $5 US, but still less than the 200mx fee. Once you have reserved seats you should be able to check in (72hrs before the flight) and hence print out your boarding pass.
2. Make sure you add your name as per your passport. We had read other reviews about this and rather than have the stress at the airport, we decided to fix this. Work around: don't do it online as it costs money. Calling the airline did not work as when I chose options in English the line dropped out. I logged a support issue and used webchat instead. I just needed to send a picture of my passport through the support portal and they fixed free of charge.
3. At the Airport make sure you get tags for your carry on luggage. At La Paz, where we were boarding, there was only the one check in line, so we had join this line to get our tags. Luckily we got there early and so the line had not yet built up. I believe from other posts that other airports have other sections for this so you don't have to wait in a long queue.

All in all, our flight was fine and comfortable in the end. The hidden fees, such as the viva light printing fee are dodgy and just because 'other airlines do this' doesn't make it right. The fact that the English call centre line cuts out after you select certain options is also poor. It is possible to have a hassle free flight though, you just need to do your homework and select the right things.

2  Thank bucketlisttravellers
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The employees at the counter are friendly, mainly the young man who received our luggage in Monterrey. What was terrible was that when we arrived in Tijuana, all the passengers had to wait 45 minutes to receive our luggage because the airline had no personnel to take them from the plane to the bands.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank jaziel1997
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a very comfortable flight. Service was excellent, the flight was uneventful and on time to and from.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank cyndiinky
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Not sure why all the bad reviews. Had no issue on our trip. We pre paid for two 20kg bags and mine was a bit heavier and my partners was lighter and they were fine with that. We did arrive to airport 2h early as they ask even for domestic. Basic Spanish helps but many employee spoke English too. Overall much more professional than European budget airlines.