“Best airline for Peru”
Review of LATAM Airlines

Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

On our trip we tried the different airlines: Latam, Star peru, viva air. Latam is by far the best. And on our last flight from Lima to Miami I was mistakenly put in the middle of a row even though I had booked my seat online at the window, I have high anxiety for flying. I asked a flight attendant about it and he found me an empty window seat and checked in periodically to make sure I was doing ok. Great airline!

Date of travel: August 2019
    • Value for money
Write a reviewReviews (37,422)

Reviewed August 5, 2019

We travelled with LATAM from Johannesburg to Sao Paulo, then on to Lima with a connecting flight to Cusco. Took us about 24 hours. I found LATAM very good specifically on their on boarding, their food and the quality of their planes. Cudos for that. What I found lacking is the flight from Sao Paolo to Lima was very crowded. The space on the plane was particularly small and cramped. I found that all the stewards could speak English, but they were not as friendly towards us foreigners as they were to their countryman.
I also found it strange that I have to pay to change my seats within the given 48 hour of checking in — is this a way just to make more money?
We came back via the same route and the experience was exactly the same. I will fly with them again if I can.

Reviewed August 3, 2019

I spent days waiting for my luggage from a LATAM flight and when I received it it was torn up. It took me literally dozens of emails and almost six months with incompetent and apathetic reps to get a meager compensation for the bags. They also over booked and sold my seat. It´s one of the only carriers to a town I go to so unfortunately I´ve flown them numerous times. I avoid them at all costs. It´s just horrible. I´ll save us all the stories. And now I go to get my LATAM pass rewards and it sends me to multipass, and I have no respect or trust for LATAM at this point, so I don´t know if it´s some kind of scam. I´m just done with them. I saw a review of someone who said they were wonderful. I can´t believe this person was actually on LATAM.

1  Thank Bobreview100
Reviewed August 2, 2019

Second time with LATAM, actually third time! My preferred airline! They are not too fussed about hand luggage being slightly heavier than allowed. Friendly staff, helpful people. Plus aligned with Qantas so I get frequent flyer points!

Reviewed August 2, 2019

LATAM staff was friendly, helpful, on time. It was a comfortable flight! Fell asleep before take off and woke up when landing!! Fasted trip EVER,!