We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Jeju in September

singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Jeju in September

Hi, I will be planning a trip to Jeju in September and I would like to seek your advise on the following:

1. Which is more ideal, a 2 night trip or a 3 night trip?

2. Where should I stay? I have seen the top hotels on TA but they are very normal and sanitised and not special. Do you have any more interesting/special/romantic places to recommend? It should preferably be conveniently located and not too pricey (not above 200KRW per night).

3. What is the best way to get around in Jeju? We are thinking of renting a car or getting a bicycle to explore some parts of the island. However, we have friends who rented a car at 180KRW per day which is definitely too expensive for us. Is that the usual price? Are there any other recommendations for car rentals?

4. What is the most romantic place in Jeju that we have to visit? :)

Thank you so much!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Jeju in September

Hi

1. It's all depend on you. If you have extra day to spend then why not stay longer in Jeju. The island is pictureque and popular among locals too..

2. If you're looking for unusual hotel, pls check this link :

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_6.jsp…

From time to time, most hotel has special promotional rates for their guests.. especially for advance booking or online booking. Pls check their official website for more deals.

3. The best way would be driving but for first timer, taxi tour would highly recommended... you save your time trying to navigate from one place to another. Taxi tour would cost approx. 80,000won per whole day. Your accommodation concierge can help you to do the booking.

4. Romantic place in Jeju....hmmm.... interesting question... depend on what do you call romantic, having a candle light dinner in restaurant, spending time together at the beach, etc.

IMO, Seopjikoji is one of the romantic place.... :D

singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Jeju in September

Hi

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it!

I've checked out the hotels which you sent over! They are gorgeous and they are all popular sites for movies/dramas! The only problem we have is that it is quite over our budget.

Do they have B&B or home-stay kind of accomodation in Jeju? Or is the island only widely populated by built-up hotels?

Is it wise to rent a bike and cycle around? :)

I will definitely check out Seopjikoji!!

Thank you again!!

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Seoul
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Jeju in September

There are plenty types of accommodation in Jeju from 5* deluxe hotels to affordable inns and pension houses.

Check this link for more choices :

english.tour2jeju.net/main/list.php…

Yes.. you could use bike to cycle around but always allow for possibility of bad weather.... but not many tourists choose this option... the taxi tour would be the best method for first timer... Save your energy for your romantic nights lah :D

singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Jeju in September

Hi,

We are taking your advise and will be renting a car! However, is it a rule in Korea that the car has to be rented under the someone with a International Driving Permit? Also, is there a age limit to the car rental? I am 24 this year - will there be any extra costs in insurance etc?

Thanks!! :)

5. Re: Trip to Jeju in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 30, 2011